NEW BUBBY!!

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

NEW BUBBY!!

Post by SCB -SA »

Im so excited im getting a new 3 week old bubby this sunday, it is either grey or blue, and my mum is getting a 4/5 week old lutino bub... So i officially have 4 ringnecks at my home, a breeding pair with my mum, and my mums new bub, so 7 ringnecks in total, and only 2 possibly the same colour if my new bub is blue!! I am so stoked! I love my babies!
violet

Re: NEW BUBBY!!

Post by violet »

Ohhh that is so cool!! I cant wait to see pics =)

xx Vi
Tweet Tweet @IamANerdyChick
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

trust me there will be tons of pics once i get the lil bgger... Cant wait, but am so worried my other kids will get jealous of a new one, hope i am doing the right thing? What is the most you can have living indoors as family pets before they get jealous of each other?
violet

Post by violet »

honestly I dont know. I am only new to IRN's as I got my first one less than a week ago. From what I have read in other posts there is a chance of some jealousy, but if you introduce them to each other slowly and with patience you should be ok. You could also try separate cages for the birds and introduce them thru the cages so they can get used to each other. Spend enough time with each of them on their own and give treats when introducing them to the newer ones might help to associate the new bub's with yummy food.

Sorry I cant offer an expert opinion on the matter, but if I were in your situation, that is what I would try.

Cant wait for the pics^^

xx Vi
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Thanks, Ive had mine jusy over a year, first got my blue, then 2 months later got my mixed green, then 6 months later got my green, then 5 months later got my breeding pair, and not even a month since i got my breeding pair i am getting a new bub...
I keep my breeding pair outside, my 2 greens in a cage in my room and my blue boy in a seperate cage in the room, so think i will intriduce baby to the blue biy first as they will prob stay together if they get along...
violet

Post by violet »

sounds like a good idea! I've only had mine 5 days and already want another!!

They are very addictive LOL
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

My new baby and a friends new one as well, fetched them at the same time... Sunny and Squeak (small baby doesnt really have a name yet)
Poor lutino one has a nose problem, and small one (my baby) has a splayed leg, so i am not impressed with the breeder, both bubs have been to the vet, and one had its nose flushed and the other has his legs hobbled :( poor things....

Sorry the pics are bad, phone camera, will get better ones this week...
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Beautiful little guys, despite their problems. I'm glad you took them to the vet. Good work. I hope they grow up to be fine, healthy adult birds.

Congrats on your work with them.

Ellie.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

thanks man, just wsh there was some sort of action i could take against the breeder, he says he never knew they had problems and didnt notice the splayed leg!! i had the bub an hour and i noticed it! makes me so angry!