I just ordered this...

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

I just ordered this...

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

I just ordered this play stand for my birds : http://www.kmate.com.au/index.php?act=v ... ductId=874

im hoping they will like it...
it has to go in my room but dunno where cause i didnt look at how big it was when i ordered it :oops:
julie

Re: I just ordered this...

Post by julie »

cool. I dont think it will take up too much room, looks like it could go in a corner possibly. its 14 kg so id say it will be pretty solid and stable.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

That's just what I could do with, shame I can't get it over here! :?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Ooh that looks fun!

And it has a feature that has become all-important to me: dishes in the MIDDLE. I got a stand and the dishes were out at the ends. The birds perch on the dishes and the poo lands outside the tray ugh! I just can't use the dishes on that one. :/
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Looks nice... I'd say that's a reasonable price too. Well done! Let us know how you find it!

Ellie.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

well i got my play stand on tuesday, and i made it yesterday..
was really easy to make (i cant even put together bird cages)
its really sturdy and the birds wont be able to pull out the bowls because the have little circle sticking out bits that make them harder to pull out

the birds had there first time out with it today, neither of them wanted to play on it though :?
maybe cause its new..
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Yeah, it takes some time to trust new things... Is it in plain sight of their normal cage (or whereever they spend most of their time).... just giving them time to look at it and observe it will probably help.

I know it can feel quite disappointing when you think you've got them something really cool... and they won't go near it!

Good luck!

Ellie.
julie

Post by julie »

I know what will get them interested :) .......................... make out like they arent allowed near it :D
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

julie wrote:I know what will get them interested :) .......................... make out like they arent allowed near it :D
:lol: that would make Gluttony stay away from it!
his very odd for a ringneck, his not indapendent at all!

its in my bedroom and they are in the lounge room, there were not scared of it or anything which is good :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Put some yummy treats in the bowl and a couple of bright coloured foot type toys or small toys that will sit in the bowls easily. That may get their attention, with mine it does anyway. Have you thought about placing it in the loungeroom where the birds are for a few hours to see if they show any attention to it? Then return it to your room and they may decide to use it. :)
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

there starting to use it a little bit now.
i think im ganna put hooks on the perchers and hang toys off them.
not aloud to have it in the lounge, mum wouldnt alow it :?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Haha I know how that goes. I'm an adult still living at home with a very controlling and unreasonable mother (no sometimes I don't know how I can survive but work and leaving the house do help and frankly I can save money more easily here!)... and the fight to keep a stand downstairs in the common areas was a long and drawn out one. I had to bring everything I could to the table- all information on the importance of socializing with the 'flock' of the family and not being secluded alone in a room all the time etc. etc. I think I even threw something in there about how I would eat more healthily because I would be preparing snacks for the birds all day and would snack on what I cut up as well. Anything to get that stand where it needed to be! :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay