New here And have some questions!

Moderator: Mods

Gumbie

New here And have some questions!

Post by Gumbie »

Hey Guys/Gals, My names Jordan and I have some questions regarding my IRN!

I got Dori about 12 months ago when he/she was 8 weeks old!

Now, My question is Can anyone tell me if this is the females way of presenting? Because when i purchased Dori i was told that he/she was a male!

And after looking around my thoughts are mixed, he/she does this when i pet him/her or when i first talk to him/her in the morning, Just a quick picture i took of Dori doing it!

Also Dori makes a clucking sound and a few other Noises/Whistles thrown in there while doing this if that helps! Dori also usually lays alot flatter (Pretty much on his/her belly with the head right up in the air, But i stopped petting him/her to take the photo!)

And my other question is, Why does Dori break his/her tail feathers? He/She spends countless hours out of his/her cage daily and gets a new toy once a week! (I have to admit though, It does look cute! Like a little chicken!)

Thanks in advance!

Jordan.

And my beautiful baby! :)

Sorry for the bad quality photo, It was taken of my phone as i don't have access to a digital camera!
Gumbie

Re: New here And have some questions!

Post by Gumbie »

Managed to get some "Better" Pictures!

Louie

Post by Louie »

Hi Jordan. My IRN is a DNA sexed male and when I first got him around 9-10 weeks old he did exactly the same thing when I would pet him so I wouldn't worry too much. Did you get a sexing certificate when you got him or did the seller/breeder just tell you that he/she is a male??
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage
Gumbie

Post by Gumbie »

I was just told it was a male, Dori has only just started doing this! I probably should have mentioned that!

It started about 4 weeks ago, He/she is just over 1 year old now!
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

looks female to me
Gumbie

Post by Gumbie »

Any other input?
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

:idea:
Last edited by SCB -SA on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Also, unless he/she was surgically sexed, there is no way of telling a ringnecks sex at 8 weeks.... So unless your little one was surgically sexed before you got her at 8 weeks, he could be a she, or vice versa. :)
Gumbie

Post by Gumbie »

Thanks for the input guys! he/she does have a slight Grey ring around his/her neck, But I've heard that the females can get that to, I'm not fussed if it's a male or female, just I'd like to know! I'll love Dori just as much! we have a special bond! :) I will be going to look at a DNA sexed male this weekend though! I hope they will get along as my Quaker parrot Deano is such a bully to Dori!
Louie

Post by Louie »

Oh I forgot to mention in my previous post that he had 2 sisters who he was raised with so he probably did copy off them but he only did it for the first few months I had him and he hasn't done it since.
I currently own: 1 male, green Indian Ringneck, 1 Labrador Retriever, 1 Mini Lop rabbit and 4 backyard chickens (silkies)
ImageImageImage