Im new and I have some random questions :D

Moderator: Mods

samwise

Im new and I have some random questions :D

Post by samwise »

Hi everyone Ive recently got a ringneck and I think its the most beautiful bird on the planet! Two questions

Its a grey colour with slight very slight shades of green on its head and the edge of its wings. The breeder told me its 4 weeks old and I wanted to ask, is that its permanent colour? will it change? what age will it colour shade set if it isnt the case. Ive attached 2 pictures I think i attached them right...(he was asleep)

And also my bird is very active and loves to explore even though it can bearly stay balanced sometimes! is this a normal thing?

I think this forum thing is a brilliant idea! Ive learnt so much! :D

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!
1.JPG
1.JPG (62.94 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (41.52 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
squeek

Re: Im new and I have some random questions :D

Post by squeek »

It's hard to tell from the pics but with squeek my RNP his colour got more intense every malt he had. yours looks more blue than green though looks like a little sweetie xx
333greenbean333

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,
I not sure, he looks older than 4 weeks old too. :? I dont think the green will get any worse. but as samwise said it may get wose with molting.
David
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

it would be atleast 10 weeks old to have full plumage
samwise

Post by samwise »

squeek wrote:It's hard to tell from the pics but with squeek my RNP his colour got more intense every malt he had. yours looks more blue than green though looks like a little sweetie xx
Hmm how often are the malts and at which age does its final colour settle? It looks grey mostly I dont IRN is an awesome bird

Age wise is what I was told by the breeder and your guess may be as good as his cause I always had a gut feeling he/she was older , so your guess is as good as mine :D
Lags

Post by Lags »

i think he is atleast 8 - 10 weeks old to have that many feathers. i got my first one he was 8 weeks old and looked in similar plumage. Mine had brilliant dark blue spots on his tail and wing feathers when they first grew, but since he has molted they nevr came back, and he is just a light blue colour all over now. But he's a little champion!!! keeps me smiling all the time.