So many questions so little time!

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

So many questions so little time!

Post by SCB -SA »

hey everyone i have so many questioons i dont even know where to start!!!

uh firstly i got 3 ringnecks, and they all seem small compared to ones i see at pet stores etc in aviaries? is it something i have done is it just them? any ideas?

then my one i have never seems to sit or hold herself up properly, she is not ill, but never holds herself up proud like my others do, even on my shoulder? what could be the cause of that?

Then my 2 greens constantly pull their toes? why do they do that? are they bored?
how do i entertain them? what can i do to stimulate thier minds?
then my 2 greens have ganged up on my blue (they all lived together happily for about 3 months) and chase him and attack him so much i've had to seperate them?

and then my two greens get along, the male dances and feeds the other ( i am hoping is a female otherwise that would be weird) and 90% of the time they get along but in the evenings when they have out the cage time they sit next to each other and the female pulls the males wings and legs and things, never aggressively, just a gentle tug but enough to make the male grumble and pin his eyes till she stops, then they go back to being lovely dovey then 5 min later she does this again?

Any help anyone?
webby09

Re: So many questions so little time!

Post by webby09 »

put some bottle tops ( plastic and tin) on the floor of the cage they love it. I also use a couple of cable ties on the perch tied in a big loop they spend hours on it. Handle them regularly and talk to them -- good luck
Donna

Re: So many questions so little time!

Post by Donna »

You may have African ringnecks they are smaller then your indians. The one that you say does not stand straight may be ill or injured have it vet checked asap. As for the one tugging and nipping at the other one, a female will do that to get the male to mount her.

Donna :)
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both