I have 2 questions :) please take a look

Moderator: Mods

firstirnkiwi

I have 2 questions :) please take a look

Post by firstirnkiwi »

So my IRN is about 4 months old, I just read on another topic somewhere in here that between 2-3 years they will get their ring, or females the light faint ring... but my birdy has a faint one right now... Is that normal on the babies to start out with a faint ring?? Im just confused.... And my second question is about the eyes.... what does it mean or why does s/he change her pupils or just one? does anyone know the reason they do this? sometimes its when im offering some food to be had fed I'll just see an eyes pupil getting bigger and smaller bigger and smaller... I was wondering if it was cuz they are trying to focus or if maybe they feel threatened or something?? Any ideas on that? Thanks, and I'll post some pics so you can see or try to see the ring im talking about.
xx_sheena_xx

Re: I have 2 questions :) please take a look

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

yeah thats totally normal :)

and when her/his eyes get bigger and smaller (called pinning) it can mean lots of things, mine do it when they are very happy, excited and angry
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:and when her/his eyes get bigger and smaller (called pinning) it can mean lots of things, mine do it when they are very happy, excited and angry
I agree with Sheena... in addition, they will also do it to focus on something.

If they are doing this though it is a good idea to keep a close eye on their behaviour... as sometimes it will indicate that they are angry... and if you see any indications of anger, it is good to leave them alone.

Ellie.
firstirnkiwi

Post by firstirnkiwi »

Well s/he seems to only do it, or i only notice it, when Im trying to offer food by hand, he'll always tak the food, i just figure maybe trying to focus to see it??? And also, its a ppretty quiet bird, hardly makes a peep, but when my 4 year old daughter gets close he'll make sounds that remind me of a dogs squeeky toy... So not only beacuse of that, mainly cuz shes hyper, i make her leave him alone.. but she's 4 and tries at least once a day to get close... I'm sure itll be fine tho, this bird is really mellow, it blows my mind how calm and chill he is. :) But still a playful baby at times
Lags

Post by Lags »

yeah, my two irns pin their eyes when they are looking at something close to them (such as food), aswell as when they are angry...funny aren't they?!
Lags

Post by Lags »

yeah, my two irns pin their eyes when they are looking at something close to them (such as food), aswell as when they are angry...funny aren't they?!
firstirnkiwi

Post by firstirnkiwi »

yes it is! I'm loving it!