Recently Adopted/rescued IRN

Moderator: Mods

Nuttywife

Recently Adopted/rescued IRN

Post by Nuttywife »

I've recently rescued a IRN but I thought her beak would be red and it's not is grey with a very slight red tinge at the notril end. Is she really a IRN or has she been mis-identified? She is apparently 4 years old and was last handled about 3 years ago. Basically she has been ignored and kept in a dirty cage! I have decided to leave her alone for a week or so untill she gets used to our family noises, comings and goings and smells etc. She likes the sound of the childrens voices (who I might add have been warned not to stick their fingers in her cage!)

She hasn't chirped or made any nice noises yet just squawked whilst running to the other side of her cage when I took her pots away to clen them and the same when Iput them back although she has took the banana I placed for her when she thought no-one was watching haha.

Anyway any tips would be welcome.

I've attached a piccy for anyone who can ID her species

Thanks
S6000979222.JPG
S6000979222.JPG (56.11 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
ellieelectrons

Re: Recently Adopted/rescued IRN

Post by ellieelectrons »

She's very beautiful but I have no idea if she is IRN or not. Everything except her beak resembles an IRN to me. Could she be a cross between two species? Is that even possible?

I hope someone knows!

Ellie.
misty

Post by misty »

This looks like an african ringneck they are slitely smaller and have a darker beek.
http://board.birdchannel.com/Topic48283 ... x#bm148193
This web site will show you the difference. =)
Azure

Post by Azure »

it is a ringneck- just african ringneck- the main difference is their black beak :D
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet