Help baby ringneck truple...

Moderator: Mods

poppeottomor

Help baby ringneck truple...

Post by poppeottomor »

Im getting my ringneck baby home tomorrow :shock: :o
The bredder has sayid to me that he is in he´s I want to controle awery thing around me stace.
I now that bad behavier soudt be completly ignoret and good behavier will be treads and play and other fun sturf.
He will get over it right ???
How long will that take ???
How did you all cope with it ???
Please tell me, im totaly lost.
I just don´t want to skrew up on him, so he ends like a liltel devil :twisted: , that controls my apartment :lol:
I think we will get along just fine, but I need advice to do so :D
S. Charlotte.
bec

Re: Help baby ringneck truple...

Post by bec »

there is a lot of help in the behaviour & taming forum on how top get through these stages with our birds you will do fine the fact that your asking for advice before you get your bub is proof that you care & want the best for your bird
each bird gos through this stage differently
and when you get him home if you have any issues just post a question or check if anyone has posted a similar situation good luck with you new bub cant wait to see pics of him/ her
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congratulations, only one more sleep to go. :D
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

I have my ringneck now, he is loking at me :D
He has only been here a litle over an aver and he is alredy ething he´s food :o
He has also got a bite out of me, but i diten move away or any other responce, only saying just bite me if you want, hurray for me lol. :D
He is very slepy, but he don´t want to give in :)
He has played with his swing and cotten rope, but he havent said anything yet, I now he is new and just a youngster but is it normal for him to be SO still, not pipping at all ???
Maby he will say something tomorrow.
P.S. He aint good at flying, but he climps like he havent done anything alse since he came out of he´s eg :lol:
S. Charlotte.
Finaly i got my ringneck WEEE.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

YAY....congrats on FINALLY getting your baby.
Lots of good times ahead. :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congratulations!

I found that Janey was very quiet when we first brought her home so I wouldn't worry about your baby being quiet. She got more vocal with the baby "mewings" when she got to know us better.

Ellie.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

He has sayid something, but not when I am in the room.
Maby he is pratecing ???
He comes with soft pipping when I am in the bedroom or in the shower, but he stops if I say something to him :D
He is VERY beutyful and the breeder said that he vil be a LOT more blue when he get older :D
I will take some pictures and see if i can´t sendt them in here, he is grey/blue at the moment :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congrats. Sound like your baby ringneck is doing well.

Ellie.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

My baby ringneck likes music :D
He is piping and skweking, he maks some funny noyises, today he is relakcing and trying to get a not åbent on one of his toyes :D
He is a nice littel bird, he still don´t like hands but we are vorking on it, I hav only had him 4 and a half day now :lol:
He is VERY found of his food, he likes to mimic my lovebirds when they go to sleep they make some kanking sounds, that means they are happy, I don´t now if HE is happy when he said that, but i hope so :mrgreen:
S. CHarlotte.
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

Sounds like the little one is settling in fine. My 2 were a little cautious for a day or so when we first got them but now you can't shut them up, enjoy the peace and quiet as it's probably the last time you'll hear it at home completely for the next 25 years.

Any pictures of the little one and his cage?
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

I have some on my camera, but there is a part missing, so i can´t sendt pictures. :cry:
Maby i can from my mobilefon ???
I will try to get some pictures in here of him :D

My baby is flying for the først time, but he is stupid, he vent for the vindue and BANG 3 times and 1 time for the tv...
Now he is in my bedroom and wont come out :(

S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

They are a little clumsy when learning to fly but get there in the end.
Just be careful he does not injure himself flying into things....especially windows. They do not realize windows are made of glass. They only see an "open hole in wall". :lol:
Maybe if he continues to fly for the window, pull the blinds or curtains so he doesn't go full steam into the window.

Sounds like you are having a great time with your new friend. :)
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Yea, I have a sceary cat of an ringneck.
I have had him for 12 days now and he is still afried of me, maby he thinks im gonna eat him :o
I don´t now wat to do ???
He is afried of my hands, he is handfet, but I don´t think he has been handledt right, I think the breeder was to hard on him. :(
So now I dont now what to do, I hope he gets over it :cry:
Or else I have to give him to a person that haves some ringnecks in an avery, that will be sad :cry: for he is a nice lilltel bird, he is just sceart of hands...
S. Charlotte.
bec

Post by bec »

if he was hand fed try feeding him some egg & bicci mix with a spoon we had one that was hand reared but in the petshop for a while & not handled as much as he was used to but when we started handrearing skeet he saw the spoon & immediately started demanding to be fed too! it realy helped with hand taming him again
just put some food on the spoon & offer it to him a teaspoon will do if you dont have a handrearing on
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

My ringneck has been with me for 26 and a half day, and he is not afred of my hand anymore, only when I have it in his cage, but it is better now...
He relakses when he see that it aint him I am after, only to change his water or food.
He likes popcorn, fruit, vegs and nuts. :D
He is begining to have a withe ring aroundt he`s neck and his tail is getting longer :D
He is also been more blue, and he is piping when he wants some fruit.
He puts it in his water bowl, and eats it after a few minutes, crasy bird :lol:
S. Charlotte.
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

poppeottomor wrote: He puts it in his water bowl, and eats it after a few minutes, crasy bird :lol:
S. Charlotte.
That's quite cute. Mine like to look at me and pick up things from there bowl and just chuck them...
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

My bird does the same by putting some of his food in his water feeder, he also tries washing in it too! I have to change it anything up to 3 times a day! :roll:
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

I have been thinking...
Will it help my liltle scaret of hands boy, if I get a handtame ringneck ???
He is still afried of hands, it wont be before in martch I will get ringneck nr 2, i have had him from the 3 of september and he has done a smarl step forwart.
I am NOT giving op hope of him begining to just trust me a little bit.
He is alowing me to give him a bathe wiht a spraymist boutel, then he spredt his wings and looks like he is enjoing himself :D
That is a good thing, I think he is happy, for he will only chip when I am alone with him, my mom have hear him chip in the telefone, and onece in my apartment.
My dad, big brother and unkel havent heard him, but he is looking at them and it is as if he is thinking, waht is all these pebole doing in my home, and what is they saying to me :lol:
I just want him to have a long and happy life, and if he wont be tame, I will love him anyway.
I am only angri at my self, for not reating, when I had seen him blafing around in the small cage, not trusting ANYBODI, not even the breeder.
But I can´t do anything about it now, I must take the good wiht the bad, and hope for the best :)
S. Charlotte.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi

IRNs can learn from each other... but there is no guaranteeing that your tame ringneck won't learn from your current one and become less tame.

For example, my blue IRN (Janey) will allow us to pat her. She loves pattings. Our Lutino (Charlie) looks very interested when Janey is getting pattings... but he doesn't exhibit the same begging for pattings behaviour that Janey exhibits even though he has witnessed it heaps. He occasionally tolerates a pat... but he never seems to like it (not yet, anyway).

If you have lots of patience and keep gradually trying with your boy, you will get progress. What are your taming goals? Ultimately, how tame would you like him to be? Do you know his favourite foods? Have you tried feeding these to him through the bars of the cage? I've found that most birds will eventually do this if you keep trying.

From what you've described, it does sound like your bird is already warming up to you... so that's really good. You just need to take really small steps and be patient.

Good luck.

Ellie.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Hello, im back :D
I have had my ringneck for 2 mounth now, and today there were a totaly new inprovement, he let me touch him WEEE
I havent done that since hi came home to me :lol:
I just wanted to say thanks for the help you gyes gave me, I think my ringneck is begining to trust me :o
Never touht i wout say that :mrgreen:
I just love my ringneck.
S. Charlotte.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Congrats :)

your doing better then me, Iv have my female for almost a year and she still wont let me touch her so im going to breed her
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Hello, it is snowing in Denmark, it is very pretty.

My ringneck is taking food from my hands now :o :shock: , im SO proutd of him. :D
I only had him for almost 2 monts, and I think he has setelt ind now.
He is sciming if he don´t have some vegestables in he´s food bowl, he is begining to varm op for my famely also, he talks like a waterfall :lol:
My parents think he is cute, when he talks op a storm :lol:
He loves chillie, popcorn and corn.
And he gets VERY excyding when i come over to he´s cage with a spray boutle, he just love to bahte, and i like it too, he is very funny when he strages he´s vings and just enjoing the wather.
S. Charlotte.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

poppeottomor wrote:Hello, it is snowing in Denmark, it is very pretty.

My ringneck is taking food from my hands now :o :shock: , im SO proutd of him. :D
I only had him for almost 2 monts, and I think he has setelt ind now.
He is sciming if he don´t have some vegestables in he´s food bowl, he is begining to varm op for my famely also, he talks like a waterfall :lol:
My parents think he is cute, when he talks op a storm :lol:
He loves chillie, popcorn and corn.
And he gets VERY excyding when i come over to he´s cage with a spray boutle, he just love to bahte, and i like it too, he is very funny when he strages he´s vings and just enjoing the wather.
S. Charlotte.
Sorry, 3 monts.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Great that you are enjoying having him in your life. :)
My birds love bath time to, regardless of the weather, middle of winter, still wants bath.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Now my baby ringneck is biting me and I think he is in the, I am in controle stade. :o
When he bites me og launce at me, I just exnore it, and do wat i want to give him something, he don't get a outch or anything to make him continue.
He is just a littel bullie, that thinks he can controle me, but he can't, :lol:
Wat do i do now ???
Please help me, get my littel monster in controle. :D
S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Do a search on the forum and see what others have tried to get back with sweet little monster. :)
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Now when he bits he draw boold, almost avery time and that hurts.
What canI do to stop this ???
Is he just playing or is he bluffing ???
I don't now wat I am doring wrong :cry:
Hope you gys can help :)
S. Charlotte.