Could I ask this question to the IRN breeder...?

Moderator: Mods

mickpmc

Could I ask this question to the IRN breeder...?

Post by mickpmc »

Hey there!
I wanted to ask a Ringneck breeder if I could take 2 feathers
out of the bird I wanted and DNA test it? Would they allow me to do it with say,
2 birds? I don't know :roll: , I just want to know before I say it; it may be abit akward :lol: !
Do you think they will allow?
I want a green male, 3 months old :D

Milo...Boy...Buddy
julie

Re: Could I ask this question to the IRN breeder...?

Post by julie »

please only post the same question in the one section. I know you got the pm about this.
spiderweb

Re: Could I ask this question to the IRN breeder...?

Post by spiderweb »

I dont take feathers for my dna sexing, i take blood from the toe and send it to mds here in south africa and in three days they let me know the sex of the bird by email. I have taken blood from the egg when they are born but thats only if ive got them in my incubator. Im not a ringneck expert since its my first season to breed with them but i keep african greys, different cockatooes, blue fronted amazons etc. I got 6 ringneck eggs at the moment and 4 are fertile from my two females, im looking forward to see what colours they give me. My mom breed birds for 6 years and had to sell the collection to move as a family to malawi for my dads promotion, now that im back in SA for 6 years, i started birds again. Its my hobby and i love them and even if some of the birds are young pairs and dont breed, i will still keep them. Good luck with your green ringneck and may you and your bird have a wonderful 2010