Smokey's has a new phrase

Moderator: Mods

laine

Smokey's has a new phrase

Post by laine »

Smokey has started saying "what's the matter?" It's so cute. He doesn't, generally, have very clear speech but this is quite clear. I love it.

Strange thing though, he has stopped saying 'What you doin'. This was never very clear, I just knew what he was trying to say. Has he perhaps stopped this because this new phrase is easier for him? I have found that if he gets a new word or phrase, he stops saying another. Yet he doesn't forget it all together because if I say it he gets excited. He doesn't say pretty bird anymore but if I do, he gets very excited. He also used to say "where's the pretty bird" but doesn't anymore. I refer to the mirror as the pretty bird. So if I say "where's the pretty bird" he goes nuts, gets excited and flies to the bathroom mirror. So he knows what I am saying, he just doesn't say it anymore.

Currently his favorite things to say are -
i know
what's the matter
What the !!
love you
weeeeeeeee

He has stopped saying - ( but loves it when I do )
pretty bird
where's the pretty bird
wanna bicky
what you doin
good boy

Does anyone else's bird have favorite sayings above others? Or is it that Smokey can only say a few at any one time?
julie

Re: Smokey's has a new phrase

Post by julie »

indie has started calling out Reggie again. reggie was our boxer who past away 4-5 years ago. when reg was doing something she shouldnt have been we would say in the different voice REGGIE and that was it she knew to stop doing it. indie wouldnt have heard it since she has been gone, im not sure why he has started again.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

When Rafiki has learnt a new word or phrase, it seems to be the "flavour of the moment". Then when that word has worn out its welcome, he begins saying the older words again. It is almost like he is trying to perfect the new word. Once he is satisfied with his effort, he goes back to the other words. :lol:
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Well Buzz seems to favor any new words he picks up like his new thing is peek a boo (says it so clear and makes me laugh everytime) but although he says it over and over he still says his usual words after he kills the new word by saying it over and over :lol:
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Ha ha ha..it's in his head...i promise..i have had Archimedes for almost 6 or 7 years and he forgets but he does say them again.. it's what the others said--it's the flavor of the moment. :wink:

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
laine

Post by laine »

ringneck wrote:Ha ha ha..it's in his head...i promise..i have had Archimedes for almost 6 or 7 years and he forgets but he does say them again.. it's what the others said--it's the flavor of the moment. :wink:

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
You were right Imran. :D This weekend Smokey has started saying things he hasn't said in a while. He is back to saying What you doing and pretty bird.

He is trying to say something else and I can't for the life of me work out what it is?
bec

Post by bec »

favourite sayings
skeet "riku did it!!!" & skeetle bug (skeets nickname)
rikuits been so long scince he talked ..... he kinda gave up with human speak when he got a girlfriend
the girls heve never spoken
fred (king parrot) says hello but if he hears the monster garage theme song will sing along
mutley is the real talker here
he says
"tia!" (yelling at our dog!)
matty get up! (trying to help me wake the teenager)
wheres mutleys strawberries?
wheres mutleys boy or wheres sexy? ( asking where a friend of mine is he dosnt use his name)
hello mutley (said in an excited tone or if you take to long to answer he then goes into a sarcastic tone)
kiss kiss (followed by kissy noises)
hello mum
hello trivi
hello grandpa
cristy kiss mutley
larissa strawberry!!!!!
and unfortunatly he will also say" f@#K my life " if i tell him there are no strawberries
he is also trying out something new at the momment but he mutters them under his breath until he gets it right then he will say it loud enough
laine

Post by laine »

bec - sounds like he is one funny bird.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

lol - mutley has attitude!
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

i'm jealous, in time these guys will have some sayings!
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Kray Twins wrote:i'm jealous, in time these guys will have some sayings!
I think they will always take a little longer if they are paired together with other birds... they tend to act and sound like Ringnecks!

persistence is the key and driving your family nuts keep repeating words :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

mutley just got his new saying right!!!!!!
mutleys a pretty boy!!!!!!!!!!
mutley is definitly a funny bird & totally has attitude!!!
the girl that feeds the birds at the shop i bought him from asks after him every time i go in they all miss him & love hearing stories about his latest antics
laine

Post by laine »

Smokey is saying something else. He now is saying 'baby'. It sounds more like 'bebe' but definately saying baby, Sooooo cute.

It's funny, Smokey has been a unique pet in that he is so bonded to me yet a friend to everyone in the family. He understands what we say to him and responds accordingly. He knows our every move and usually uses this information to his own advantage :o . Anyway, as far as speaking goes, he tries to talk/copy us but his speech is unclear and muffled and is more of a tone rather than a word. He is 5 years old next month yet this past year, and more so just recently, he has started to say alot more and his speech is actually getting quite clear. :D

Is this something that can happen or is he strange? :lol:
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Too cute