my ring neck not making any sound!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

mohamed asif

my ring neck not making any sound!!!!!

Post by mohamed asif »

[b]well i live in maldives
i bought a ringneck from a frined which is 1 year old.i am keeping it in my room
it eats normaly everything.even play when i give thinges.some times it bites but normaly when i make my hand it step on
but??
my worries are now its not making any sound..juxt keep looking moving eating thinges
only one time i heard it voice shouted
but remain it keeps silent
so can u give me a good suggestion
i have seen different vidoes and stories...no effect
[/b]
pinkdevil

Re: my ring neck not making any sound!!!!!

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

My birds are quiet when I am near or playing with them. Sometimes they will make 'coo' noises when I pet them but mostly quiet. They do, however, make plenty of noise at different times of the day when I am quiet or not in sight. Especially as all my indoor birds are housed in one area/room of the house.
Are there any other people living at your home?
Maybe your little one is making noise when you are out?
How long have you had your bird for and did he make noise for your friend when he owned him?
I would not be too concerned about it being quiet especially as it appears in good health, eating well and playing with its toys. Maybe if/when it does start to call out you will be thankful of the silence! :lol:
Have you tried playing ringneck sounds or youtube videos of ringnecks calling out to him? He may answer when he hears another bird calling.
You could always try setting up a video and record him when you are out for a few days and see what he gets up to when you are not there. You might be surprised at the results. :D
mohamed asif

Post by mohamed asif »

thanks for ur kind information
well its making sound when it was with my firiend home
now i am keeping in my work place.as i work in a resort as a income auditor.we have 2 room mates here.mostly we all play with him(ringneck)
well we i start moving my hand fast around near his wing he makes some sort of sounds
in other way it juxt keep silent...may be i dont give him any seed yet..but today i started giving sunfloer seed..and looks more active
before and even now i give him bread(mix in hotwater..)and then apple,sweetpotato,melon,orange etc) he eats normaly these diet acept seed untill today? is this the reason? or else.....i do make different sound but its not reacting he looks at me juxt and move his jaws to make some soundes....
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I feed my ringnecks fruit & veg, pellets and good quality seed mix designed for birds.
I do not think bread is very healthy for them to be fed on a daily basis though.
There is sections on the forum about good and bad food you can feed birds.

He could be quiet as he may still be settling in to a routine. Especially as there are different people coming and going. Mine tend to be shy around different people, situations and places.

If you are concerned about the lack of noise, you could take him to a vet just for a general check up. :)
mohamed asif

Post by mohamed asif »

well thakns for the reply and its realy helpful
you know now my ringneck (robby) start making sound some times even loud...and i give him seeds and apple now
is chilli a gudthing to give..
bec

Post by bec »

OMG!!!!! YES!!!!!!
irns love chillis!!!!!
robby will love you forever for that treat
also try him with popcorn
mohamed asif

Post by mohamed asif »

thanks a lottt
you know robby enjoys playing and even now it makes different voices
even grt thing is today mornin it talk few words not much clear..but the word hellow
was clear

even i am giving apples and even chilli its enjoy

so now could you tell me thats by which food i can make robby fat and very helthy big.i want make robby very fat wild heeheh
plxxxx
Skyenet

Post by Skyenet »

Can IRN be given any sort of chillis such as normal Green chillis?