Indian Ringneck Parakeet or Quaker Parrot?

Moderator: Mods

Luti-Kriss

Indian Ringneck Parakeet or Quaker Parrot?

Post by Luti-Kriss »

Which one of these birds do you like better, and why?
Also if you know, which one has a better temperament?
pinkdevil

Re: Indian Ringneck Parakeet or Quaker Parrot?

Post by pinkdevil »

I have never owned a Quaker but have heard they have similar personalities to a lorikeet as in playful etc.

But I do have ringies :lol: :D :D :D
I think IRNs are wonderful, intelligent, elegant birds. As they do not seem to be the cuddliest of birds, (there are always exception to the rules though), if you do not have the time to spend playing with them, they are happy to sit on you while you go about your business or watch you from a short distance.
I also own lorikeets, (if Quakers are similar in personality), who always want to be on me and play, play, play. lol Not a bad thing but if you don't have time to spend one on one time with them, they really can get rather boisterous. My lories don't like being put on a play stand while I go about my daily chores like ringie do. They instantly fly to me, and do their acrobatic thing while hanging off me. Makes it hard to get housework done, although much more fun than housework. :lol: :lol:

Maybe some one else has a Quaker or experience with a Quaker to give you a better idea of what they are like as pets compared to IRNs. :)
bAysel

Re: Indian Ringneck Parakeet or Quaker Parrot?

Post by bAysel »

There are many more colorful birds that I know which are not commonly seen anywhere. Moreover, I will prefer Indian Ringneck Parakeet among others. They are smart and impressive even though it takes a long time to tame them.