when are babies ready to sell?

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

when are babies ready to sell?

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i have just finished handraising 4 IRN's
they are compleatly weaned
when will i be able to sell them?
do i need to keep them longer to keep them friendly?
they will be going to my dads shop, he makes sure he handles and pats all his handraised birds everyday and talks to them all.
we make sure to keep an eye on people who are looking at the birds to make sure they are not scaring them or doing anything they shouldnt be doing, like trying to feed them chips!
pinkdevil

Re: when are babies ready to sell?

Post by pinkdevil »

Depends on the level of training, (if any), you intend to do before selling. Once a bird is fully weaned you can sell.
I personally have my babies, 'stepping up' and some fly to me on command when called.
Most of the time when babies are weaned they already know how to step up anyway. :)
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

just dont want them to go backwards after there sold, i want them to stay friendly
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Well it is up to the new owners to keep up with training and handling to keep them friendly.

What you could do is supply a care sheet with every bird sold. Information on helping the bird settle into the new home, what to feed and not to feed, basic training, etc. This is what I do. You could even place this forums address so they can join and share their journey with the rest of us! :D
And offer aftersales help.

Good luck.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

that would be hard to do as they are going to my dads shop and i wont know who bought them :(