relocate our ringneck again orleavehim behind?

Moderator: Mods

selma

relocate our ringneck again orleavehim behind?

Post by selma »

Hi everyone

I haven't posted in about four years but now I'm in serious need of good advice. We first got our IRN five years ago while living in Dubai. Recently we relocated to Malaysia and had no problem bringing our bird with us. Initially we thought we would stay here for a few years but now we have decided to settle in Canada where my husband is from. Unfortunately Canada will not allow entry to any birds coming from Malaysia which is understandable but I am really stressing about what to do. My other option is to send him to South Africa where I'm from and let him stay with my family and then send him from there since Canada says they don't have a problem if we send him from there. My concern is that that all this travelling around in the cargo hold on such long flights might be very stressful to him. The other worry is how he would cope with the colder climates of South Africa and Canada. My husband thinks we should find him a good home here in Malaysia but I can't bear the thought of leaving him behind. I would really like to know what the experts out there think. What would you do? Please help! I just want to do what's best for him.
smallworld

Re: relocate our ringneck again orleavehim behind?

Post by smallworld »

Is it possible to bring him through the US? Perhaps you know someone there who could keep him for awhile. Maybe someone on this forum can help you with that.

I would never leave him behind. He has spent 5 years with you. Thats practically family. He would miss you terribly.