Tango update and early ring question

Moderator: Mods

leo

Tango update and early ring question

Post by leo »

Hi guys, has been awhile since I update on my tango. He is already 10 months old. He hatch 21june last year.

He started talking 3 months ago and now he is stomping out with some sentance and newer words.
Should post some pics next time

However, my concern is,
month ago, he start to molt, not so much, and it end quickly. Last week I start noticing alot of pin feather on his face.
This morning, I saw a red ring start to appear from the lower menabil and it's quiet obvious.

As far as I know rinngies start the rings at 2 years old. Anyone expiriamce the similar case?

Thanks
smallworld

Re: Tango update and early ring question

Post by smallworld »

Somebody was asking the same question around here bout last week, I think. Their breeder told them it was 1 year and some months. I thought one year, though possible was odd. hmm :?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hey Leo, been awhile :)

Tango is becoming very good at talking now it seems, what a clever boy.

I have not had any of my birds develop a ring early. All been around 2 years or older. Maybe Tango is one of the earlier maturing birds that is read about?

Anyway, YES, you must post pics of Tango up!! :)
leo

Post by leo »

tango latest picture, he is getting better in imitating bat

he is trying to do chin up ??

yello bird yello table
he is taking a break from learning fetch

now he can do it almost with 100% consistency with any object that he can carry. i tried to give him sunflower seed and ask him to put it on py palm. he look so reluctant, but he did give it to me

will take video if i can find some body to be the camera man
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Awwww.....Tango looks very sweet.

lol Bet it was VERY hard to give you his sunflower seed, but what a good boy when he did! :D
leo

Post by leo »

ya, he was taking it from the table,then he was about to chew it, then i say, tango, give it to me, he stop, hesitate then start to chew again, then i say come on, give it to me, he walk really slowly then put it on my palm. before he rise his head, he take it back. then i repeat the comand and he really put the seed down...what a poor bird....
i gave him a good reward and prises afterwards...

thanks pink
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Forgot to mention, looking at the photos, I couldn't see the beginings of a ring. Maybe the angle of the photos or just my eyes. :lol:
leo

Post by leo »

o,the photo was a taken last sunday. the red feather has not develop yet. i will take the picture of the ring

however, the ring is just about 1 cm long only at one side of the neck...usually the full ring will develope in one go right?
leo

Post by leo »

hi, heres the pictures...its a not that clear as its taken by phone and he keeps moving

the ring only about 1 cm and only one side of the neck

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I can just make out the ring. Seems interesting.

Are you in a music band Leo? I noticed a music stand in thr background in the last photo.
Last edited by pinkdevil on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leo

Post by leo »

hi pink, im not too sure, this morning i bath him, i can see a few more red pin feather at the ring line...intresting, 9 months old ringneck grow a ring

nope, that was my sister's, she plays violin. i play guitar, but its self-learn one, so im not so good at it
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

With my 2 juvenile males, they got their black ring in one go while going through a moult. It didn't come in stages or different moults.
julie

Post by julie »

Indie my lutinos ring started as a little red dot at the back of the neck. The lutinos dont seem to get the ring starting in the same spot as the darker colors.It also takes longer for the whole ring to appear.
leo

Post by leo »

julie wrote:Indie my lutinos ring started as a little red dot at the back of the neck. The lutinos dont seem to get the ring starting in the same spot as the darker colors.It also takes longer for the whole ring to appear.
today i found a few more spot of red along the ring line
but, 10 months old, isnt it too early?
julie

Post by julie »

yeah it does seem a bit early and a bit quick to get more red feathers. Indie is atleast 7yrs and he still doesnt have a full red ring, he has full white but the red doesnt fully come round to the beak.
leo

Post by leo »

okay, thanks julie, i will just wait and see, so far, he is very healthy and always chatter away
leo

Post by leo »

infact, there is accesive red feather on his head
there are a few red feather on the head since he is baby. i can even notice the red pin feahter.
and his cheek also has some red feather
leo

Post by leo »

tango is growing more and more red feather. it form kind of doty line around the neck. he is still molting on his head,(alot of pin feather on the head area)

just now i bath him, was surprise to found how much red feather around the neck
Melika

Post by Melika »

Isn't it exciting? I still remember the day I saw Hane's first black feather lol! I was afraid to get my hopes up until then. And all of a sudden I was petting him and he had all those orange feathers. :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

Post by leo »

yup, its really surprising when i notice a red line on the neck too
now there is more and more red feather coming out
leo

Post by leo »

tango ring getting more and more. the colour is also redder and redder
leo

Post by leo »

julie wrote:yeah it does seem a bit early and a bit quick to get more red feathers. Indie is atleast 7yrs and he still doesnt have a full red ring, he has full white but the red doesnt fully come round to the beak.
hi Julie, do you have indi pics to share? May be those shown the ring part
I just found out that tango parent was not all Indian ringneck

the father is lutino irn, I don't know why, but it's really really big if compared to those in birdshop. And the beak is look abit over sized. Wonder if it has Alex gene. The mum is albino African ringneck. Look rather small though. He said the mum is confirmed albino African rn. I don't know how he is so sure, but he say, he sure abt it.

Could mix gene be the reason of the early ring?
However, the ring is getting longer, but still incomplete to cover the whole neck

question from my friend
the parrent abandon the baby last time(tango) and killed all the baby produced... So far, 6 baby from 2 clutch has been killed. Is there anyway that he can stop the behaviour?
The one do the killing is suspected to he the dad

thanks