Help with nursing IRN back to health

Moderator: Mods

egchicsohc

Help with nursing IRN back to health

Post by egchicsohc »

I just recently saved a male gray IRN that is about two years old. He is very skinny. His feathers are in very bad shape. They didn't have money to buy him bird food, so they just fed him scraps of human food. He also has not been held in 3 - 4 months, they said they couldn't clean the cage because he would bite at them. Do you have any suggestions of a diet for a fast track to being healthy?
Omnicromm

Re: Help with nursing IRN back to health

Post by Omnicromm »

Is great that you are trying to help him!!! my personal suggestion is if at your country there is avian vets, at first a check with one of them if not a check with a general vet is not going to be the same but is better than nothing, after that a good healty diet, a lot of vegetables, fruit, a mix with seed nuts and pennuts, and maybe some vitamins in waterif its necessary but if you use this you have to change the water everyday (in fact you have to do this but in the case of vitaminis in water is mandatory), maybe you are going to have some troubles to make him accept the food, like mines at first only wanted sunflower seed but with time he is going to take the best food!!

in other hand a big cage and a lot of toys is going to help heim with the stress of a new home

the feather are going to be in a bad shape until he molts if he is having a good diet the new fethers are going to come in a good shape!

Good Luck with your new guy!!!

Alex from Guatemala
_Lady_Flame_

Re: Help with nursing IRN back to health

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

Thats really nice you are helping him. I wish you 2 all the best! I hope he gets well soon!
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/