Pumpkin to for Skye and Anakin? is pumpkin good for birds?

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

Pumpkin to for Skye and Anakin? is pumpkin good for birds?

Post by SkyBaby »

What specific kind of pumpkin should I get? The ones designed for making into jack-o-lanterns or those weird looking little ones with all those little bumps? How do I need to prepare it? Should I cook it? Leave it raw but wash it really well? I should cut the top off right? My two aren't picky eaters at all, so I don't really need to disguise their foods. They were at first, but they eat what they see me eating and enjoying. All I have to do is sit on the floor and pretend I'm eating and loving this food I'm trying to get them to eat and ignore them while I'm doing this. They immediately come over and take a few nibbles then it's an all out food frenzy. I know how to introduce pumpkin to them, if it is safe. Sorry for all the questions. :P Thanks everyone!
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Yep Pumpkin is ok for them.I give mine a piece about once a week an they eat it all-----including the skin :!: :!: I just give them a thin slice---raw ,seeds an all
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

lewi111 wrote:Yep Pumpkin is ok for them.I give mine a piece about once a week an they eat it all-----including the skin :!: :!: I just give them a thin slice---raw ,seeds an all
I'll remember that! Thanks!
julie

Re: Pumpkin to for Skye and Anakin? is pumpkin good for birds?

Post by julie »

mine get pumpkin probably once a week, we have roast dinner and I just give them some of the baked pumpkin and when we have mashed potato and pumpkin I cook a little extra for them.
I dont think it matters what type of pumpkin it is.
Lauren
Site Admin

Re: Pumpkin to for Skye and Anakin? is pumpkin good for birds?

Post by Lauren »

Pumpkin and seed are great for birds. My 2 love it mashed. Lola especially loves the seeds. I also make special pumpkin cakes or muffins for them which they adore. :wink: I buy the lil butternut pumpkins. Just because theyre my fave. But any pumpkin will do.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year