How Much Should I feed a Day?

Moderator: Mods

bluepepe09

How Much Should I feed a Day?

Post by bluepepe09 »

Can anyone help with how much I should be feeding my IRN.

I rotate his food, giving him egg food one day small amount of seed the next, and trying to get him to eat the organic food from harrisons, but he wont eat it yet. Only had him a week and happy that he is eating and settling well.

I'm rotating what he eats, and normally put small amount (2 teaspoons) of seed or eggfood or organic feed and a small chunk of chicken breast once a week, going to throw pasta, rice into the rotation.

As well as a small amount of fruit. about the equivelent amount of 2 medium strawberrys.

The odd millet now and again (once a week)as a treat, and grapes for training.

Is this too much, Im not sure and dont want to over or under feed him.

He always seems to scoff the lot (just about) :?
bec

Post by bec »

every morning i fill my birds seed bowls give them apple (i apple is divided for 3 birds a bowl of frozen vegies and either spinach silverbeet or brocoli (depending what i have) every second day i put a corn cob on a fruit spike in each cage plus they get popcorn once or twice a week
none of my birds are overweight they all look happy & healthy
you deit sounds good but i would put more than 2 teaspoons of seed in for them
oh i almost forgot i also give them egg & buiscut mix to i give it every second day to the outside bird & use it in hand taming as the reward as all my inside ones were hand reared the spoon and eggy mix is sort of like comfort food to them they get excited as soon as they see my bowl! coz it means its fun time!!!
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Your doing fine, just relax and things
will be like every normal day of your
life.. :D
courtney

Post by courtney »

Yes, you are doing EXCELLENT. This is my routine.

As soon as I get up Chiquita gets a treat, peanut, dried fruit –a semi-nutritious treat. After my coffee when I can function she gets her fruit plate (fruit salad) which I make the night before and eats in on my desk while Im at the computer.

In the afternoon it’s the exact same thing but with vegetables. I cut them up the night before.

Then I give her some eggs later in the morning. Sometimes she gets stuff like dried cereal, human food like pasta, chicken, ect, what ever Im eating for supper.

Chiquita always has a full bowl of pellets, it’s never empty.

I want her to get all of the fresh fruit and veggies so I came up with making the salads in small chucks every day. Some organic fruits and veggies when I can get it. I JUST started doing the organic thing.

Throughout the day Chiquita will get some treats. Training treats that are good for her. I try to keep her diet as healthy as possible but we need to give them real treats once in a while. 8)
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.