Chiquita's Cage

Moderator: Mods

courtney

Chiquita's Cage

Post by courtney »

This is Chiquitas cage. I got a GREAT deal on it, $400 because Im in that pet store constantly. So he knocked off a huge amount of money. I never ever see a huge cage with little bar spacing like this. It's great. Chiquita gets to fly in there all the time, great extercise.

Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

400 dollars is a good deal, that cage is huge. 8)
courtney

Post by courtney »

I thought it was a pretty good deal but he knows me pretty well so I get deals there all the time. I buy so much for him, with three fish tanks, two jack russell terriers, five chicnhillas, and Chiquita.
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

holy cow I want that cage! what country do you live in?? Chiquita is one happy bird. :D

Edited.. one other question :D

What brand is your cage?
courtney

Post by courtney »

I know I just LOVE that cage; I got lucky when I spotted it in the corner. I almost walked by it. It was a snap decision. I was not intending on buying a cage but couldn’t pass up the deal. I wanted it SOOOO bad.

I live in Canada. The brand is hagen.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:I know I just LOVE that cage; I got lucky when I spotted it in the corner. I almost walked by it. It was a snap decision. I was not intending on buying a cage but couldn’t pass up the deal. I wanted it SOOOO bad.

I live in Canada. The brand is hagen.
Awesome thank you!! Must go order one now XD

you are lucky indeed. I am actually gonna have 2 birds in my cage, as I will be getting another ringie pretty soon.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Something else.. do you happen to know the model number of your cage or anything like that?
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Sky, what color are you looking for.
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Sky, what color are you looking for.
I don't really care, so long as it's that same size. :D
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Still haven't found it here in the US yet. I'm still looking. I've found lots of websites that sell hagen stuff, but not that particular cage. That cage would be so perfect for 2 ringies. Chiquita has got to be one happy bird.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Sorry I do not see any model number on it. I looked everywhere on it. I live in Canada so you might want to look it up in Canada.

Oh I bet you’re excited to get another IRN, I sure would be. Maybe in the future I will get a couple more. Do they usually get along having two or three? I know you shouldn’t put other birds in with them due to aggression like teils.

Chiquita has a BLAST in that cage. You can really tell she loves it and she is always flying around in it. That is why I don't cramp toys in it because she does a ton of flying in it.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:Sorry I do not see any model number on it. I looked everywhere on it. I live in Canada so you might want to look it up in Canada.

Oh I bet you’re excited to get another IRN, I sure would be. Maybe in the future I will get a couple more. Do they usually get along having two or three? I know you shouldn’t put other birds in with them due to aggression like teils.

Chiquita has a BLAST in that cage. You can really tell she loves it and she is always flying around in it. That is why I don't cramp toys in it because she does a ton of flying in it.
I've started checking the canadian ebay and canadian kijiji ads. No luck yet. I'm also looking at canadian pet store websites and still no luck there either.

Actually, it all depends on the bird. It's true, some are very aggressive. I know Skye and have seen him around other birds before and there hasn't been a problem. He always gets really excited and wants to play with them. I'm gonna get another male ringie because I don't want babies and the girls can be mean to the boys sometimes. I have never seen him around other ringnecks specifically though. He has played with green cheek conures, cockatiels, and budgies.

Skye's wings are partially clipped, so his flight is limited. He could still be able to fly in that cage. I never thought I'd see a flight cage for a ringie. I am in fact quite stoked to get another ringie! I'm searching all over for that cage, checking as many canadian pet websites as I could. I found the canadian hagen website, but not the cage. I wonder if it was discontinued? Did the pet store employee happen to mention anything like that?
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

SkyBaby wrote:Still haven't found it here in the US yet. I'm still looking. I've found lots of websites that sell hagen stuff, but not that particular cage. That cage would be so perfect for 2 ringies. Chiquita has got to be one happy bird.
Before you put them together you should put one bird
in one cage each, then move them together after awhile..lols
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

OMG! That Is Huge! I Want it! :D Despite Wont Fit Into My Little Bedroom Hehe, You Got REAL Lucky on That Cage :D Hope It Go Good For You And Chiquita
<3 Sam Already :lol:
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:
SkyBaby wrote:Still haven't found it here in the US yet. I'm still looking. I've found lots of websites that sell hagen stuff, but not that particular cage. That cage would be so perfect for 2 ringies. Chiquita has got to be one happy bird.
Before you put them together you should put one bird
in one cage each, then move them together after awhile..lols
Oh yeah hehe don't worry. :D I have a very detailed plan for how i'm gonna quarantine and introduce them. I know exactly what I'm gonna do. :D
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Srry if you said this already sky
but wen will you be getting this
new bird. I can't wait, i want to
see pictures already!
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Srry if you said this already sky
but wen will you be getting this
new bird. I can't wait, i want to
see pictures already!
He no problem! :D It will be a few months yet. I haven't really been in touch with any breeders, however I do know which one I will be buying from. My husband and I have to get out of our apartment and into our house before we buy a bird. We put an offer down on a house and it was accepted, so we will be moving within the next month. Maybe by July or August we'll be getting one.

I'm still looking for that cage. No luck yet. My cage is big, but not huge. Not like this. :D
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

did this pet store you got this cage from happen to have a website?
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Found it! I shall stop bugging you now. :D Sorry if I annoyed you. :D
courtney

Post by courtney »

Skye's wings are partially clipped, so his flight is limited. He could still be able to fly in that cage. I never thought I'd see a flight cage for a ringie. I am in fact quite stoked to get another ringie! I'm searching all over for that cage, checking as many canadian pet websites as I could. I found the canadian hagen website, but not the cage. I wonder if it was discontinued? Did the pet store employee happen to mention anything like that?
That is why Im not sure about another ringneck. Fear that they would not get along however I do have an extra cage. A lot smaller then my big one. I just like them to be able to fly in their cage.

Well they did not say it was discontinued but I will give them a call today and ask where they go that cage. They know me and the cage I got from them, Im in there daily, LOL.

Oh yes, Im super lucky to have spotted that cage. It is the best cage and huge with small bars. Everyone who comes here it is shock about how big the cage is.

courtney

Post by courtney »

OH where did you find it? Do you have a links to the cage? Your not anoying me one bit. :D

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:OH where did you find it? Do you have a links to the cage? Your not anoying me one bit. :D
http://www.petstruly.com/4030fl.html

It's the same size as yours or close enough at least. It's not hagen I don't think, but it still looks nice and it's only $300 here.

Sweet! :D
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:OH where did you find it? Do you have a links to the cage? Your not anoying me one bit. :D
Something I just realized about that cage.. are the main doors guillotine style as in sliding up and down? Or do they open like regular doors with hinges? That cage looks like a guillotine. I trust myself to be careful with them.. but i have so many people taking Skye in and out when we have company that I don't trust them to do it right. I'm so freakin paranoid.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Yes, that is pretty close to my cage size. My doors slide up and down. You pull them down or up. Im just careful that I don’t pinch Chiquita’s toes when Im lifting it up or down because she likes to get right in my face out of excitement when she wants out.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:Yes, that is pretty close to my cage size. My doors slide up and down. You pull them down or up. Im just careful that I don’t pinch Chiquita’s toes when Im lifting it up or down because she likes to get right in my face out of excitement when she wants out.
I know I'm very careful, but I don't want to risk it with anyone else. Your big doors seem to open draw bridge style, \| at least that's what it looked like in the pictures. That's the best way for a cage to open in my opinion. Lol Skye does the same thing. He starts pacing on his perch then climbs over to the doors. Skye's cage's doors open like normal doors do.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Oh yes, they are draw bridge style. The side ones open like a door but the other two are draw bridge style so I have two different types of doors.

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

courtney wrote:Oh yes, they are draw bridge style. The side ones open like a door but the other two are draw bridge style so I have two different types of doors.
Wow cool! Do you think this cage's doors open like that? The regular door style and draw bridge styles are both really good.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Man, 300$ dollars is cheap for the cage, take a good
look at Chiquita in the cage. That cage can hold about
5 Ring Neckz.
courtney

Post by courtney »

It looks to be like it only opened one way in the front and back. It looks like a very large opening. I can't tell if it opens at the sides but Im guessing no. Mine have a small opening which sucks I don't like that.

Im sure five IRN"s would fit in there for sure, no problem with that one.

U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Oh boy, imagine that. 5 Ringies..
courtney

Post by courtney »

Okay so now you got me thinking of getting more, LOL. Seriously. That cage is definitely big enough. I will have to put some serious thought into this. :roll:

U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

I want another ring neck, but i think i will wait some more. You should wait to but again i can't tell you what to do. Just think of all the mess they make, i will def get a second one but for now i will let time decide for me of wen i should get the second.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Well maybe I will “eventually” get another one. I would have to put a lot of thought into it. It won’t be a snap decision and I may choose just to keep Chiquita signally. IF I choose to get one it will not be for a long long time. But I honestly don't think I will get another one. I want one though, just paranoid of aggression.

I don’t mind the mess. I have five chinchillas so I have five cages to clean including Chiquita’s and I do that every other day. Im a clean freak with my animals though. LOTS of work.

U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Damn, i shouldn't be giving you advice, hell i have to clean 1 cage & out of all pets.
courtney

Post by courtney »

Advice is ALWAYS needed when you have animals! Never stop learning. :wink: