what size cage?

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

what size cage?

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

im wondering what size cage would be sutible for an IRN. i dont have alot of space in my house but if i get an IRN i want him/her to be very happy and comfertable.
Janet

Cage size

Post by Janet »

Remember that with their tail feathers, IRNs are quite long for their body size. You have to have a cage that will allow the bird to move around without damaging its tail. You also need to consider how much time the bird will be spending in its cage. If it is going to spend considerable periods of time in its cage it will need room for some toys and activities. Don't let your bird get bored.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

How much bigger does an IRN's cage need to be compaired to a conure? My conure is in a cage 22 inch long, 22 inch wide and 34 inch high. I dont think this size cage is big enough for an IRN but how much bigger does it need to be?
TerryC

Post by TerryC »

I don't have a photo yet. But my birds cage ( 2 rescued males) measures 7' W X 6' H X 3'D.
nil

Post by nil »

your cage is small for a irn if your bird is always in,
if he flyes sometimes outside from his cage , maybe it is enough

i prefer a 32*20*55 in cage or bigger
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

would this also be appropiate?

the dimensions are

32"W x22"D x62"

-Lucas :wink:
nil

Post by nil »

yes it looks nice
but as i see it has vertical bars and it is preferable to has even 2 sides with horizontal bars because your irn may climp easily on horizontal bars
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

kk, i think i found another better cage but i cant seem to find the picture for it. i was it in a bird store today.

Oh and get this!

There is 4 IRNs in the bird shop. 2 yellowishgreen and 1 blue and 1 green. all handfed.

So the owner said that they are not the best birds to have and you should get a goffin or something, but anyway she said that the blue one was the most tame the 2 yellowishgreenish were sort of tame, and the green one was wild. so... i tried to get the blue and yellowishgreen IRNs to step up. they bit me :roll:... lol then i tried the green one. she said that this one would prolly bite me and fly away. so she took it out of the cage it was going crazy in her hand, and then she gave it to me...compleatly calm. lol he must have of liked me or something because he climbed up to my should and would not want to leave... :wink: lol well i just thought that was a lil cool. :)
-Lucas :wink:
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Anyone who has an INR will tellyou that they make great pets but people who are not as experianced will say they dont. Thats all due to how u raise them and their bluffing phase. My IRN lost his/her tamness (Sorta) but is still fun to have around and we both have our moments. I love my IRN and I wouldnt give him/her up for anything.

P.S. Goffins in my opinion are louder than INR!