Is This Suitable?

Moderator: Mods

LoneBlackWolf

Is This Suitable?

Post by LoneBlackWolf »

Hi, I'm new to the world on IRNs. My little guy Opie just came into my life two days ago. I took him to the vet today and he has a clean bill of health! He came to me living in a cage no more than 24" x 12" x 18". It broke my heart and I couldn't leave him in it a moment longer. I had an old ferret cage laying in a corner of our garage so I put it together, added a screen to the bottom with j clips and threw together some perches out of bird ladders. I showed a picture to the vet and she thinks is better than what he was in for the time being. He seems much happier already but he needs something made for birds as I don't want him getting sick from chipped paint.

I guess my question would be, is this big enough for him? I know the minimum is 24" x 24"x 36". But this one is 32" x 18" x 69", 4 inches shorter on the depth. But makes up for that in width and height. The wire ladders and shelves would be removed and filled with toys and perches. I just don't want him to ever feel cramped like he was ever again in his life. I'll also be getting him a play stand once we build a strong bond and he feels comfortable here. So, he won't be confined to the cage all the time. Just at night and while I'm not at home.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... lsrc=aw.ds

Thank you so much!
sanjays mummi

Re: Is This Suitable?

Post by sanjays mummi »

I would have liked to see a picture of it, but there was an error. Ms Sanjay has a Liberta Voyager 2nd edition, which, like the one you mention was reduced in price, (black Friday deal).
My bird came in a nursery cage, but she was only 8 Weeks old, it was replaced by a bigger one after about 9 months. I don't have a play stand, but she is out and about daily, as she loves to have a good fly around, I can't remember the dimensions of the Voyager, but if you look it up, you can compare the size,
LoneBlackWolf

Post by LoneBlackWolf »

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm very sorry it's taken me this long to get back. I haven't been able to get online for a while, it's been a rough couple weeks with the power going out a lot. I won't be getting that cage anyway. I ordered it but was contacted saying it's out of stock despite it being in stock on the website. I'll look into the one you have for Ms Sanjay! Again thank you so much! <3
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I don't think you will be disappointed, it's lovely quality, and easy to keep clean, I have always bought from Liberta ( a UK company), you get a certificate of guarantee, and in my case, there were three new toys included. It cost £280.approx in British pounds.
Let me know what you think.
LoneBlackWolf

Post by LoneBlackWolf »

It's a very lovely cage. I wish I could have gotten one, but a bit out of my budget, plus I live in the States and they don't ship here. I did find one similar to it on Amazon, through Prevue Pets called the Park Plaza. It's definitely a mighty upgrade from what he was in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KM ... UTF8&psc=1

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

If the dimensions are the same I would say go for it. The ad says canaries and parakeets, as long as they Don't mean budgerigars!, you can always add extra coop cups, as it only appears to have one or two, what a shame Liberta don't export to the US, I know it seems expensive, but compared to Rainforest and Kings cages, Liberta are great value for money. I didn't notice if it has perches, but these can be added, if it's better than the one you have, great!