Cage against a Wall

Moderator: Mods

threio

Cage against a Wall

Post by threio »

I was just browsing some bird sites this evening waiting on my dinner to cook, and, I found this info:

paragraph 2-3, http://bdhamiltonmi.googlepages.com/bri ... rnewparrot

"Make sure a parrot as at least one side of his cage against a wall. Parrots can grow nervous with all sides open because things can "sneak up" behind it. Also avoid putting a parrot directly in front of a window."

Is there any truth to having your cage up against a wall? Parrots are messy, my P'lets and cockatiels made messes of my walls in a different apt. I am pretty sure we have all feed our birds strawberries and got a new wallpaper pattern.
I have Threio's cage for a lack of a better word in the middle of my study. I trust your judgement, however, I don't want to move the furniture around my
study and find out later this is someone's personal prefernce. Should I move the cage against a wall?

Threio Loves the window! http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/m ... IRN019.jpg
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i put a sheet up on the wall so that Amazon cant make a mess on the wall,
Sharlene and Amazon
Fah

Post by Fah »

yeah, so long as at least one side is completely "safe" to the bird... ie; cloth, wall, solid etc... you are in the clear...

the more nooks and crannies you have for your bird the better, all birds, like any other animal get scared at times, or get heebyjeebies... they like to be able to feel safe.
threio

Post by threio »

thanks fortunately I didn'y have to rearrange much, however, He can see the kitchen now what I was trying to avoid in the first place...LOL

Nevertheless those 2 ft really has made a difference, he just backs up now instead of the circle he was walking a dau ago, and he playing alot more today on his cage! Kinda a weird that I did it naturally with all the others and didn't with Threio. I must be getting lazy...LOL...don't want to clean mini blinds or walls! :)

thx again