IRN wont eat...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

peachy2017

IRN wont eat...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Post by peachy2017 »

hi, i have 2 IRN..green & yellow...45days old now...i hand feed them 4 times a day since they arrived around day 22...they eat really well with baby cereal and some grain that the breeder gave us and they took flight maybe 4days ago.... the green one is still kinda nervous around me when i touch it and now that i can fly i cant pick it up... my problem is they are not eating since yesterday... they only tasted one and then nothing in lunch time and a few bite of formula for afternoon..today nothing at all... isnthere something wrong that they dont like the taste of the formula?? ive read here about fruits and veg to give them and i done so by mashing potatoes and carrots but still wont eat...they are perched above the closet now and im worried that they get sick for not eating at all.... also, can i introduce them to water... this is my first time raising IRN .... PLEASE HELP!!!!! any advice will be appreciated....
sanjays mummi

Re: IRN wont eat...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Post by sanjays mummi »

If they don't get water, they will dehydrate, and thirsty animals won't eat anyway. You need to get them checked by a vet, to rule out infection..
peachy2017

Post by peachy2017 »

we dont have avian vet here...we placed them in a temp cage...they are very restless because they want to get out and they are not eating because of that...they wanted to be set free which is not safe because their wings are not clipped ( and we wont) and there are alot of people who might accidentaly open a window.....so yeah, they have mixed seeds in the cage now i also mashed squahs potato carrots (steamed) and still they wont eat...i now they are dehydrated by now and also starving but they just wont eat...all their energy is placed in putting heads and bodies inthe indents of the cage....its just so frustating...to keep then calm a bit i placed a cloth onto the cage so that they wont see people and they rest...arghhh...PLEASE ANY ADVISE!!!!! on what to do
demo1312

Post by demo1312 »

might be a long shot but all my birds, 4 kinds of conures and my ringnecks ,love corn on the cob. didn't see my sun conures eating it but was down to a husk when I looked next. worth a shot maybe.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

I agree, my bird detests mashed stuff. Fruit contains juice which will rehydrate them too.