Is It Ok To Mix Pellets And Seed Together?

Moderator: Mods

countrygal_cc

Is It Ok To Mix Pellets And Seed Together?

Post by countrygal_cc »

Hello I ordered a bag of Kaytee Exact Original Pellets for cockatiels. I was giving cupcake cockatiel seed vitamin and mineral enriched I bought it at walmart. My question is can I mix some of the pellets with the seed or should I just try giving all pellets also it says on the pellet bag to just give 20 percent vegs and fruits. While I have been giving cupcake the seeds I have been giving mostly some kind of fruit every day and vegs once in a while too. If I give cupcake all pellets can I still give vegs and fruits every day? Let me know what you guys think if I should mix pellets with seed or just use pellets is pellets a good thing for cupcake?
Park outside where the air is cool...
countrygal_cc

Post by countrygal_cc »

I am having a hard time getting cupcake to eat the pellets on the bag it says Day 1-3 1 part exact and 3 parts of current food

4-8 2 parts exact and 2 parts current food

14 days- feed exact only

I want to know what parts mean?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

countrygal_cc wrote:I am having a hard time getting cupcake to eat the pellets on the bag it says Day 1-3 1 part exact and 3 parts of current food

4-8 2 parts exact and 2 parts current food

14 days- feed exact only

I want to know what parts mean?

Parts would befor example, 1 spoon or exact and 3 spoons of current food etc. hope that makes sence
Sharlene and Amazon
countrygal_cc

Post by countrygal_cc »

I was thinking about putting half seed in one dish and in another dish half pellet what do you think? Misty
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

countrygal_cc wrote:I was thinking about putting half seed in one dish and in another dish half pellet what do you think? Misty

i would just mix the two together
Sharlene and Amazon
Melika

Post by Melika »

You can also try putting some pellets in with the fruit and letting it absorb some of the juices and serve it as a 'treat' with the fruit. :) My birds will try anything that goes in their veggie dish!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julie

Post by julie »

im not sure how the pellets are , but the ones I get i soak them in some water or juice and then mix seed in with it, where they try to pick out the seed they are unwittingly eating some of the pellets too.