Blackberries

Moderator: Mods

Patrick

Blackberries

Post by Patrick »

Blackberries are in season so I bought baskets and baskets of them but after spending several hours cleaning up the stains, purple poop, and a very happy little purple-faced bird I had second thoughts about feeding them to the little monster again. After making blackberry ice cream I had tons of the strained seeds left over. I dried them out for a few days, and they make a great bird treat. The dried fruit doesn't make nearly as much mess, doesn't stain as easily, and Birdie LOVES to crunch the seeds.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hehehehee purple faced bird :D even though you had to clean up all that mess i bet you had to have a giggle :D
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i love it when they make a mess with their food they love doing it its funny and you know they are enjoying it, Amazon likes beetroot, i get a bit worried when iforget he has had beetroot and his poop is red.

Im glad your baby likes blackberries
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Love a grubby bubby!!! Yoda loves to put blackberries and blueberries in his water and turn the water blue and purple. Another good trick that Yoda loves is to squish the berry in the foot, making sure the foot is well covered in juicy berry, then walk around the room smearing the berry on the carpet and watch mummy scream when she find lil birdie prints on the carpet. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

ha ha ha!!!!
i can just see yoda doing that!
hes such a cheeky monkey :lol: