Cage suggestions?

Moderator: Mods

Aces Wild

Cage suggestions?

Post by Aces Wild »

Hello!

I am searching for a nice sized cage for my new IRN. I can't afford much but I want it to be atleast 36 inches high. I have come across some but I am unsure on what kind of materal is safe for an IRN. Wrought Iron I am assuming is probably the best, but I also see some cages with epoxy finish or powder coated finish, is that safe too?

Anyone have any links or websites with nice affordable cages?

Also as for toys, what any in particular I should get him? What are your IRNs favorite toys?
Bella

Post by Bella »

Try having a look on ebay a got a fantastic big cage ( http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... tive+ideas the cage is on there)on there for under £140 with delivery.
As for toys i have babies toys people use cats toys so long as the are safe then they should be ok if your in doubt post a pic on here then people can help you and wooden toys something they can chew and keep them entertained.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Wow, that cage is huge and beautiful! Unfortunatly we don't have the room for something that big, I would love it though and I am sure my new IRN would too!

Here are two cages I am looking at right now, both costing $75 and that includes the shipping. They are also both 20x16x38.

And

The nice thing about the one that opens into a cage top perch is that I wouldn't have to buy a playtop for him. BUT I think its sort of boring up there. I could probably buy something to put on the top of the cage, but the latches might get in the way...

I could also get a perch for the top of the cage that pay fit on either the flat top or the domed top. Something sort of like...

or

Anyone have experience with perches like this on top of the cages? I think I would rather one that actually attaches to the cage rather than sits on top of it, just incase my daughter bumps into the cage.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

on the top of my cage i have toys just hanging down for him to play with if he is bored he will go into his cage where his other toys are.

i use cat toys and make toys for him, i use toilet rolls etc, you can use pretty much anything as long as the paint is right and its not sharp or your IRN cant hang itself.
Sharlene and Amazon