Romain lettuce

Moderator: Mods

celtic_aura

Romain lettuce

Post by celtic_aura »

So I can't remember who said that they use a clothes pin to secure some romaine lettuce to the cage to let their fid forage, but I gave it a try with Gigi bird. For about two seconds he was scared, but once he realized it was food, well! He chomped on it for about 20 minutes, chittering to himself. It was so cute. Now he's having a nap. The life of a fid!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

IRNs really are a garbage disposal unit aren't they?? lol
When I feed mine, (especially fruit and veg snack time) they go totally nuts like they haven't been fed for weeks. Pacing up and down the cage, bobbing, being very very vocal lol and my handraised girl has absolutely NO MANNERS!! :? lol She snatches :shock: the food right from my fingers if I dare take too long to put it into her fruit bowl...how rude!!!! lol

To hang fruit and veg up for them to forage, I use metal fruit sticks. Best invention I reckon :D

8)
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Okay, what are metal fruit sticks and where can I get them?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Metal fruit sticks are like a metal skewer which fruit and vegies are threaded onto them then just hook onto the cage.

Not sure where abouts you are but here is a link to them. :)

metal fruit sticks

8)
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Thank you so much! Seems they are made in Australia which is great for most of you but not me as I'm in Canada. LOL But I ordered one on ebay. :D It cost 12 bucks with shipping but I know it will be well worth it.
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Mine Love romaine lettuce! even my tiel and dove do. I had video of lovy ate romaine lettuce with my greek tortoise, you are welcome to view it from the video section.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

pinkdevil wrote:IRNs really are a garbage disposal unit aren't they?? lol
When I feed mine, (especially fruit and veg snack time) they go totally nuts like they haven't been fed for weeks. Pacing up and down the cage, bobbing, being very very vocal lol and my handraised girl has absolutely NO MANNERS!! :? lol She snatches :shock: the food right from my fingers if I dare take too long to put it into her fruit bowl...how rude!!!! lol

To hang fruit and veg up for them to forage, I use metal fruit sticks. Best invention I reckon :D

8)
Yes, This is why i think they are one of a kind
pets. The way they move side to side is too
f****** Funny! :lol: