new baby blue

Moderator: Mods

riantango08

new baby blue

Post by riantango08 »

ive just brought a new baby blue ringneck, it is only 11weeks old and was
from a second clutch of eggs for its parents

i pick up my new baby tomorrow morning(and its going to be hot 38 degrees)which ill be doing in the morning

do i have to quarintine(not sure if spelt right)the new bird from tango and for how long,and how far apart.

the birds will be caged seperatly just wondering when i can start to introduce them to each other.

brooke
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I think general rule of thumb for quarantine time is at least a month and preferably in a different room. Also wash hands etc (some people even change clothes) after contact, so no nasties can be passed onto your other birds.
It is more of a precaution on the safe side. You never know what a new bird might be carrying. Birds as all animals have a great way of hiding any illness. You could aways take your new bird to the vet for a once over, then you would know if anything is wrong.

:)
riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

thankyou pinkdevil for your info
my new blue has settled in quite well i have it in a different room from tango,they cant see each other but will be able to hear each other

i will be mite spraying and worming it today as which i did for tango yesterday,also its wings havent been clipped so im gonna go to the vet and have a check up and have the wings done.

ill post pictures when i figure out how to
also i like the name 'cash 'as in "tango and cash" what does everyone think
hubbys not sure ,he thinks its silly to name after a movie.

if anyone has any ideas what to call my new baby blue i would love to here what u have.
thanks
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Glad I could help :)

I think Cash is a good name for your newbie. Especially if you do not know what sex the little fella is yet. Men always think the names girls choose are silly lol. :P

Good luck with him/her

:)
bec

Post by bec »

my family picked on me & larissa for our birds names they said coz their INDIAN ringnecks we should give them indian names not japanese (riku) & welsh ( kieron) names but we liked the names so now my family calls my birds the multiculteral ring necks
and my family thinks my birds are weird?
:lol:
congatulations on your new baby!