Super URGENT!!! 8 week old won't eat!

Moderator: Mods

Cannsyl

Super URGENT!!! 8 week old won't eat!

Post by Cannsyl »

My 8 week old baby just came home on sunday but refuses to eat anything formula or fruit veg or seed.

I am able to get about 25-30 ml of formula down him a day by force feeding. :(

Its very frustrating and stressful for both of us.

I know this is probably not enough, but is it enough he won't starve?

I really don't want to take him back to the breeder who just tube feeds him.

Please help!
sanjays mummi

Re: Super URGENT!!! 8 week old won't eat!

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay was eight weeks old when I got him, but he had been aviary hatched and parent reared. Having said that, he just sat on a wee perch in his nursery cage and did not eat for several days, But, he drank water, I just carried on putting fruit and veg in the cage etc, and when I hung a skewer with pieces of melon up, he went crazy for it! Making appreciative noises whilst he demolished it. So my feeling is, at eight weeks they are old enough for self feeding and solid food, and it's just a question of a) settling in and b) you offering something they cannot resist. :-bd
Cannsyl

Re: Super URGENT!!! 8 week old won't eat!

Post by Cannsyl »

I ended up just driving him back to the breeder. He lost another gram this morning and I was just too worried about him and I don't want him to start associating me force feeding him with me being a meany. I don't want him to have a bad association with me or with food so I thought it best to just bring him back until hes fully weaned. hopefully its less stressful for all of us :/
thanks though.