Are there any safe flowers...

Moderator: Mods

WasasMum

Are there any safe flowers...

Post by WasasMum »

Morning all, I've started keeping a few flower arrangements around the place and Wasa can't keep away from them, which leads me to, is there any plant or flower I should take particular care to keep away from him.

Thanks
Donna

Post by Donna »

In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

Hi Donna, thanks very much for the link, :D
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I found this site and bookmarked it for the future after completely panicking when Charlie Parker surprised me by making a quick tossed salad of a houseplant I'd just brought in with the groceries. Both Charlie and the plant survived, but my nerves may never be the same. Needless to say, I'll be a lot more careful in the future. :oops:
http://www.secondchancebirds.com/safe_plants_1.html
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Some good lists there. I threw out one of my indoor plants becasue it wasnt safe. I now only have a bamboo palm. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Briony

Post by Briony »

good list, but what about natives like the yellow and red bottle brush?
lovemybirds

Post by lovemybirds »

Briony ~ I give my birds native flowers such as bottlebrush & grevillea flowers. They love them to bits!

They are bird attracting trees to begin with, and our trees are full of various birds when they are in full flower. I'm sure it is safe to give your bird native flowers. :D
Briony

Post by Briony »

Thanks for that :)

so anything that classed as bird attracting is a safe bet?

im intending on planting some around my yard so i can take branches off and put in the cage:)
Melika

Post by Melika »

Bottlebrush is also a good perching material. They say since the outer part is softer, the parrot gets much enjoyment from gnawing on it. :D

I'm a landscaper and everytime we drive by a bottlebrush tree I have vision of myself cutting branches in the night... kind of like Fun With **** and Jane- the lawn grass sequence? Yeah, lol. And the tree down the street taunts me.

None of our clients at this time have bottlebrush trees. D:

o.O okay, guess that gets edited out. For good reason, normally. :shock:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

ignore me. i didnt even follow the links. got sooo much going on i forgot to look lol :D