Picture of Blue in his new home.

Moderator: Mods

Poochletty

Picture of Blue in his new home.

Post by Poochletty »

:D Thanks for all the help deciding which cage to get. This is Blue in his new home. It is much bigger than it looks in this picture. I bought it from a US eBay store called Bird Toy Kingdom. It was only $290 US Dollars!! It is powder coated wrought iron. And Blue is so happy! I got it Tuesday and I put it together straight away. Then after disinfecting with a damp cloth and Grapefruit seed extract, I got him to go into it within 15 minutes. He is not usually very nervous about new things, so, it only took a tiny bit of patience and a sugar snap pea. My baby is smart. This mansion is too good to pass up!

I love the idea about a topic for DIY ideas. Somebody mentioned it in another thread I read today. I think it would be a nice addition to the forum.

I'm working on making a toy bin and making, as well as buying, a variety of toys to rotate for him in and out of his cage. And a boing to hang above it on a large plant hook that is already securely mounted there. My husband is going to build him a climbing tree. And I'm considering a nice rope perch and a few braches for inside his new cage. And I think a large link colorful plastic chain. No goofy links for us. He had them and got a foot stuck in one last week. He was hanging by his foot and screeching. He did get it out pretty quickly, but had he panicked, it could have gone badly. These fids sure do manage to get into trouble. It was quite scary, but turned out well luckily. But he doesn't get them back.
He is so cute. His new nightly routine is that once I darken the room. I roll over to his cage in my office chair and talk to him. He turns into BatBird and begins to hang upside down and go in circles around the top of his cage. Each time he gets to me, he stops to look and make sure I'm watching. Once I give an approving giggle, he starts the next lap. It's like he's showing his appreciation for all this space he has now! :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Looks like a great cage. Can see why Blue would be happy in there :) He looks so dwarfed in there lol

I have a few toys that I rotate with my birds every few days so they don't get bored with the same one. I find it makes them more active and keeps them interested in playing longer. All except "Flipper" the male Eckie that is. He has HIS toy and NO ONE is to take HIS toy lol Only HE is allowed to play with HIS toy :lol: He plays with it for most of the day. It has a bell on it so we know when he is playing with it....tingle tingle tingle all day the bell goes lol.

:)