can bird eat other bird food

Moderator: Mods

leo

can bird eat other bird food

Post by leo »

tango weaned with millet spray and pellet, the pet shop keeper gave me a small packet of colourless pellet, tango love it and finish them, so i go back to the shop and ask what pellet did he give me on another day...so, he show me this:

it was for cocatiel, he enjoyed it alot...

my landlord in the same time bought me this :
he dont touch them even a little...

is it okay for IRN to eat other bird pellet?
sorry, it is a silly question, but over there written something like fro cockatiel...

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hi Leo

Yes your Tango can eat those pellets, they are absolutely fine for him and a bonus if he loves them. :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Cockatiel pellets are suited to IRNs because they are smaller and, you dont get as much waste as you would with larger pellets. My birds are on Tropican for cockatiels, Tropimix and Premium Small Parrot mix. The name is just a guide. Small pellets for smaller parrots, larger pellets for larger parrots. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

My ringies eat tiel pellets too. Canaries and finches can also share the same size pellet. Pragmatically, most anyone can eat a smaller size pellet, but the little guys won't usually eat the ones that are too big for them (but I still have three sizes of pellets and five kinds of seed.....before I get to the treats and other goodies, sigh)
MCS
leo

hi

Post by leo »

thansk everybody here...
tango only eat the tiel 1, the gray pellet was hardly touched...hehe...i always have either veg or fruit daily...some times wholemeal bread too
im reducing on seed...tango seems to be overweigth...hehe

thanks alot
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

My bird came with some of the brown tropican stuff it smells like bubblegum, he doesn't seem to eat it really either, I think he may eat it but not much.

I would love to try the Kaytee Exact that you have a picture of but I think it it hard to find Kaytee bird food where I am in Canada but I may beable to order it in at a local pet store they are usually quiet helpful if they don't stock a certain item.

Most of the food that he came with is past it's sell by date so it wouldn't' hurt to try something else since he's not overly enamored with it I'll try and put an order in today.
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Well I have ordered some I should get it in just over a week I got the 3lb bag, I will let you know if he likes it too... :)
leo

Post by leo »

i think get what ever available from the local market better...ince you cant get it ordered, you will have to change to other pellet and i think it will take some effort...

or may be get the bird to eat the other type which is available inthe local store...

anyway..i read some where not good to get the colourful type...and best to get the brown colour...
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

I ordered kaytee Exact I didnt' make a colour preference though I hope it is the normal uncoloured one.
Don't worry about them not stocking it I am a good customer they have ordered in a lot for me in the past if my bird likes the food it wont be a problem to get more.