Hotter Weather...Salad Time

Moderator: Mods

Amazonite

Hotter Weather...Salad Time

Post by Amazonite »

I thought i would share a meal i prepared for Amazon and Rascal (my bunnie) tonight.

I decided to make a salad for dinner and Amazon decided to climb onto the beach and try adn get some, so i put lettuce, tomato, cheese (a little bit) carrot, beetroot and cucumber they both dug into it really fast and Amazon is still eating it, he loving his salad dinner.
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Love this time of year, all the good fruits and vegies come into season. I get cravings for salads! Yum!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

Our birds are eating salad breakfasts! :o Ingredients change every day. Today it's romaine lettuce, crook-necked squash, carrots, bananna (a little bit, I ate the rest with my breakfast :D ), and some soak-and-simmer bean mix (a teaspoon each) on top.

Yesterday was I think their first time having tomato. :shock: They loved it! I only give them a tiny bit though. I think it's because years ago I read something about tomatoes having too much acid for little birdie tummies to handle. So that's why they had never had any until now. Even still, I couldn't give them more than a little. Weird how ideas kinda hang on like that... :?

Anyone else ever try Volkman bean mixes? I've been trying it for the past month (soak and simmer) and I really like it. Waaaaay cheaper than other mixes- and no pasta! What's more, the birds are CRAZY for it. :D

Kira (my sister) complains that Tsume is getting fat. So we're sure to do our exercising each day to prevent that. Though, I thought Tsume was always a little on the thin side... :roll:

Edit: next time I'll try to make a design with my smileys, LOL!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay