Cage Problem - Need advice

Moderator: Mods

MGA828

Cage Problem - Need advice

Post by MGA828 »

Hello -
I have recently run into a problem with my IRN and her cage - she is in a double cage which is divided and on the other side is my African Brown Headed parrot. My IRN is growing up and starting to mature and even becoming a brat at times. Her and my parrot got along fine until recently where my IRN started nipping at her through the cage.

I have decided that they NEED to be moved - this just isn't safe. It has only been going on for a few days and was hoping it would stop, but I don't want anyone to get hurt.

I have a single cage which my Cockatiels are in and was going to move the Cockatiels into the double cage as they were all together at one time and fine and move my IRN into the other cage.

I do have a question though on weather it is big enough for her. It is inches wide - 22 inches in depth and 36 inches inside height. They have all been switched for the day to see how everyone will do and my IRN seems very happy and playing with all the toys moving around and she does not seem or looked cramped at all.

Here is a picture of the cage - it is not my cage, but a replica of the cage I have.

Is this cage big enough for her?
Donna

Post by Donna »

Perfect :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
MGA828

Post by MGA828 »

Do you think that one will be tall enough though? The one she is currently in is huge and VERY tall. It is the split level double cage, there is a picture below and she is in the taller side my BHP is in the smaller side. I just measured it at 53-54 inches tall.

Donna

Post by Donna »

If you want to keep her in the double cage you can put a piece of plexiglass in between the two sections to keep them from biting each others toes. I think either cage is big enough.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I agree with Donna. Good on you for providing spacious homes for your parrots.
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

The cage is fine. Good idea Donna. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
MGA828

Post by MGA828 »

Okay - here is another question. I have been fooling around with my IRN and my cages trying to find the one that she likes the best. There is one more that I didn't ask you guys about. This one is only 19 inches wide, but is 26 inches in depth - is 19 wide to small for an IRN? She seems happiest in this cage and most comfortable here. It is actually the smaller side of the split level cage (Photo above) - the side with the play top.