pomegranate seeds.....

Moderator: Mods

mattyboardman

pomegranate seeds.....

Post by mattyboardman »

well i bought some of these this week and gave them to my baby IRN and he / she loved them turned his / hers feathers red looked like a blood bath i was just wondering if the seeds are not good for them she didnt eat them she spat them back out of each pomegranate she had but i was just askin this for future breeding cause i know they love this fruit.

thanks for your time
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

As far as I've heard they are fine. I havn't tried pomegranate on my 2 before. But I did manage to get Jibby to eat rock mellon and kiwifruit for the first time! So I might give pomegranate a go since he's willing to try things now. Hes even having fun smearing strawberry all over him. Only took him 7 years! :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

lol my baby goes mad for it, it was hard getting her / him to eat any fruit but since i found that he likes that he cant get enouth and he / she is also eating grapes / apples now too so its good :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Good stuff getting them onto fresh stuff. I haven't heard of any probs with pomegranates :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon has had one of those before he ate everything with it, we dont buy them often as he paints the walls carpet adn himself with it, its a outside fruit if he gets it.
Adam and Dude
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Was just reading around some sites and came across this ;

BREEDING INDIAN RINGNECKS
by Joyce Baum
Published in the Asiatic Breeders Association Journal, December 1999 ©

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bred by Joyce Baum
© owner Donna Marthaler
I've been breeding Indian Ringnecks for 13 years, and I find them a very easy bird to breed...they are normally excellent eaters, eating anything and everything you give them. They love fresh vegies and fruit and devour them...even orange peels seem to disappear! Give them a Pomegranate and try to find any of it later, other than red juice marks everywhere, so you think one of your birds is bleeding to death! They love the mixture I give them of frozen mixed vegies with cooked pigeon mix, rice and pasta. They also enjoy eating different brands of pellets.
---------------------------------------------------------

So there ya go .. a reputable breeder
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thats where we got the idea of giving it to Amazon (got that book out form the local libarary)
Adam and Dude
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

ahhh kool just making sure cause some seeds are bad for them ie apple seeds etc !

thanks for the info and the help all