Fav food

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Fav food

Post by Gemstone »

Have noticed that Amazon loves kiwifruit, he would eat other fruit but kiwifruit is the one he likes a fair bit.

Along with meats he likes chicken and roast pork with potatoes and corn

Honey on toast is another one he likes he will climb up my leg in the kitchen just to get his piece of toast

What sort of foods or meals do your fids like to eat.
Adam and Dude
Pounamu

Post by Pounamu »

Pounamu loves cooked peas and for a lil treat a tiny piece of cracker once a week.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Hot chilli peppers, corn, capsicum, peanuts in the shell, scrambled eggs, soaked milk arrowroot biscuit (they hock it down like babies), chicken bones, pasta especially thing spagetti noodles, snow peas.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

I gotta tell you, at the moment, Archimedes really enjoys apples. He can’t seem to get enough of them. While I am cutting some in the morning his eyes pin, and he looks at me saying…is that yummy…is that yummy…then when I give him a slice he quickly takes it from me and holds it with one had. It’s obvious it’s pure bliss for him—it’s okay though because I know the feeling when I want cheese cake. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Hestia

Post by Hestia »

yummmm cheese cake, that is so funny, I couldn't stop laughing for a minute.
anyhoo... kiwi is ok for the fids? I wondered but was not sure because of all the little seeds in them.
My Indie loves nectarines, just gave him a little bite and he loved it. He is also very nuts for peas and apples.
pretty much anything I am eating he wants to try. So I have to be careful what I eat in front of him, cause if its not healthy for him I don't want him begging.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Glad I made you laugh 8) :wink:

I agree. Anything I eat my Archimedes thinks he gets too. He’ll go through his whole vocab, do all this tricks, and even pin his eyes till he gets what he wants. What a smart little bird.

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry :wink:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Cheese cake !
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:P DID Someone say cheesecake? Yummoo! lol

My 2 go crazy over apple too! I cut it into little wedges. Jibby doesn't eat the skin though. :? I love the sounds of 2 little birdies munching into apple. Its so cute.

Broccoli I'm not sure of. They go crazy when they see it. But I'm unsure if they think its more of a tear apart toy or food. Jibby eats the little dark green ends and Yoda eats the stems.

Chicken is also a big hit. Oh and can't forget peanut butter! (But not too often)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

kyria
are they aloud things soaked in milk i havent done this as yet, and are they aloud daily products like cheese etc as Amazon likes cheese but i wasnt so sure if he is aloud it. ice cream is another thing he likes again i dont no if he should have it
Adam and Dude
Donna

Post by Donna »

All my birds love cornbread soaked in milk. They can have dairy products but very little. Shouldn't be given everyday.

Yogurt (any flavor) is excellent for them twice a month about 1/2 a teaspoon. It contains a good bacteria that is good for birds.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Yep like donna says. but I just soak my milkarrowroot in water and they love it just fine. :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thats good, then i dont need to feel guilty that he had a little bit of ice cream then
Adam and Dude
Sylvia

Post by Sylvia »

My IRN´s all love pepper (red, green, yellow), carrots and apple.

They also love fresh rosehips, blueberry and cherries.

Well they tend too tast and love all sorts of berrys and veggies :P
Please have some patience with my spelling, I´m from sweden and english is not my first language!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh I wish my spoiled brat, Jibby wasn't so picky with his food! He doesn't like citrus fruits, strawberry or banana. Hes sick of brocolli and celery and will stick his beak up at those. Argh! I say to him, 'Your wasted food would feed a hundred wild birds!' as my Mum used to say 'Your wasted food could feed a hundred starving Africans.' or something along those lines. On the other hand.. Yoda ate a whole strawberry and a wedge of mandarin for the first time yesterday! Seemed to love them! What a good birdie. Yoda deserves some of my pumpkin cinnamon bickies, which they adore. :D
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

warm oats!

except he'll shake it all around the cage when he's tired of it.

I actually fully clean the cage every single day.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby will do anything for a piece of chicken cooked any kind of way. He pins while eating it too and doesnt with any other food.

He also loves anything with starch, like a piece of potato... or a french fry, lord have mercy he loves those. ( I know... Bad Mommie ). But he loves them sooo much! And we so rarely eat fast food I figure what the heck!?

Bit off topic but yesterday, despite the fact there is a extremely strict 'dont feed Baby' policy in place around here, Jared had to endure a THIRTY minute time out because he gave Baby a sucker, which is another of Baby's favorites.

The sucker wasnt the problem as much as what was inside the sucker... a chocolate tootie roll. :shock:

So, I should have done the "Dont Feed the Animal's" reminder before this happened and failed too. If you havent gone over the bad foods with your family lately, now may be a good time. I wish someone would have reminded me.

Im sure Jared does too. :cry:

But, I caught it in time and Jared lived through his horrid mistreatment. :roll: And all was well! :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

lol has your sister ever said, "i gave your bird some of my avocado" it didn't happen but could have if i hadnt said birds cant eat it!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Monthly reminders are definately a good thing. People enjoy watching them eat so knowing what not to shove in their beak is extremely important. The child is 7, I let him live. :lol:

I needed a 30 minute time out for not reminding the family more often of whats not appropriate. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie loooves apple and grapes :roll: he likes carrot capsicum broccoli cauliflower scrambled and boiled eggs chicken any way it comes, anything im eating he gets sooooooo cranky when i dont give him toast with avacado on it but i'd rather him cranky then dead. he loves juice which he gets a sip of occasionally i dont like him having too much sugar. he only eats peas if they are frozen if there not he mushes them in the floor and spits it every where
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon has now decided he likes oranges and those sort of fruits, grrr means i need to buy more things i dont eat lol.

He is getting better with food but still wanting EVERYTHING i have inculding whatever is in my mouth at the time, if my fingers are near my mouth Amazon comes running. Silly parrot.
Adam and Dude
lutino

Post by lutino »

peanuts, grapes and apple are lutino's favourites. He/she flicked his beak at chicken lol, he looked disgusted lol
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

My Sunny loves strawberries. He gets into a right mess with them. His eyes pin when he eats one. Awful to clean up though as they stain.

He also loves chicken and cheese.
nil

Post by nil »

Lazaros fav food is fresh corn. i give him 1/2 fresh corn cob every day.All my birds love the corn but i can find it only in the summer. Now i freeze 50 of them for the winter, i hope birds like the freeze one.
i think fresh corn cob is a ideal food for parrots, very nutritionable, good for their beaks and spend enough time playing with it.
Also the fresh corn is the preferable first food for the youngsters.The first food for the weaning stage.
I am against the animal products like chicken,meat,bone etc.
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

Blueberry LOVES berries. not blueberries though, mostly strawberries, peaches.. and mac and cheese.

I don't make mac and cheese that often, and she gets even less than that, since lories can't handle ANY part of that

Relish and Mustard love STRAWBERRIES! yum yum and sweet potato.

nil

Post by nil »

spray millet is also a very tastefull food
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh the joys of throwing berries everywhere and squishing them all over their feathers! :lol:
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

I have learned that its easier to take strawberry off of a comforter dry than wet! it just brushes off with a little effort.