Question about fruits

Moderator: Mods

KIWI's mommy

Question about fruits

Post by KIWI's mommy »

I have been giving my baby different foods everyday just to see what she likes or doesnt like. I have noticed she isnt eating any fruit. It seems like she doesnt like the cold, but she likes ice. She loves chicken, peanuts, corn, crackers, cheese. What should I do? Should I keep her fruit out before I give it to her? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Mine dont like fruit thats too cold too. So what I do is wash the fruit under some warm water first or soak them in some warm water.

They can be fussy eaters sometimes. My Jibby hates banana.

I gave mine some scrambled egg and shell yesterday. Jibby ate the egg, Yoda just chewed the shells. Yoda likes the stems of the brocolli and Jibs likes the lil green ends. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I tried different sizes of cut, some of mine like big slices to hold, others like small chunks to chew all at once and not have to hold and some like it on a kebab, so they can have both (big pieces and not have to hold it).
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Mine loves apple, pear and orange, she also eat some of the veggie like lettuce and corn. She hates carrot and banana, she only taste it once and then leave it.

She tried bread but all she does is chew on it and spit it out, she never swallow it.

You should eat the fruit in front of her and maybe this might attract her to try eating some too.
Rico's Mom

New Fruits

Post by Rico's Mom »

Coby my 12 week IRN loves , grapes, I buy the green seedless ones, apples,cantelope and strawberrys, I havent tried rasberrys or blueberrys yet, they are next on the list
I also have a lil green Quaker and she is the fussy one, she is like mikey on the cereal box lol he won't eat it mikey hates everything, she is a real picy eater, still working on her, they both eat brocli, califlower, beans and peppers

Just keep trying and keep offering differnet kinds of food
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

PeeGee's favorites: fresh corn on the cob; edamame (soybeans), which I steam for 2 minutes; apples, mango, grapes (boy do they love grapes), cherries, peas. I wish I could get her to eat more vitamin-a and calcium foods like broccoli, sweet potatoes, carrots or dried fruit. But usually she just throws them away.

Sometimes I put all the leftover veggies in the food grinder and make a mash, which she likes.

Favorite "non-bird foods" include yogurt, cold cereal, and little pieces of dog kibble. Chicken, scrambled eggs are also occasional treats.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Sunny loves corn on the cob, carrots, apples, strawberries, oranges, kiwi fruit, zucchinis, celery

S/he won't eat broccoli or bananas.
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

i tend to chop lots of different fruits up adn put them in a bowl together making a fruit salad, or pineapple slices in his water he loves it and makes a nice drink too, he gets fruit on a kebab too, but the same as jibby Amazon doesnt liek banana even if i mix it in with other fruits.
Adam and Dude