polmegranites

Moderator: Mods

Peanut

polmegranites

Post by Peanut »

can peanut have polmegranites? and if he can, can he have the seeds? i am also confused as to what seeds he can have?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sure :!:

A good well-balanced diet is readily accepted by the Indian Ringneck. Lots of fresh vegetables and fruits are enjoyed daily.

Dandelion greens, spinach, chard, romaine lettuce and broccoli are all good sources of vitamins and minerals.

Apples, oranges, grapes, peaches, pears, pomegranates, are just a few of the many fruits the ringneck will enjoy.

Zucchini, peas, green beans, yam, carrot and corn on the cob are just a few of the many nutritious vegetables that should be fed.

Pasta, rice and bean mixes add good protein and carbohydrate sources.

The use of one or more pelleted diet will help assure the intake of needed vitamins and minerals. Many of the commercial parrot and cockatiel mixes contain a nice mixture of seeds that the birds will relish.

Peanuts and almonds are known to be favorite treats. They like diversity in what they eat. Change their choices daily for variety.
~ Mikaela Sky

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Thanks Mik!
Donna

Post by Donna »

Poms are a big favorite around my house but look out you'll think they're bleeding to death and walls Oh Boy!!!

I only feed them the Pom seeds

Donna
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

i gave peanut some polmegranite for the first time yesterday, and he LOVED it! i had been giving him orange pieces in his treat dish, despite the fact that he screams at them and throws them out of the bowl, but yesterday he actually started eating them after weeks of screaming at them. im so proud that he decided to take a bite of them!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I know what thats like. Gilbert screams at ANYTHING he doesnt like. He hates citris fruits for some reason and banana he wont go near. :roll: Loves vegies though. Fids can be sooo fussy sometimes.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

lol i gave the fids 1/2 a pom to try the other day b4 work.. damn the walls.. thats an understatement! lmao, it was everywhere, i ended up tyin it to the cage so itd stop fallin onto the carpet (damn pink spots now lol)
wasnt sure how to give it to em, so just cut in 1/2 and let em enjoy, the loved it! however.. after having a small taste myself.. they can keep it! yuk! lmao
*edit*
i forgot to add my fids wont eat banana either, a bit of a taste then run away, oranges are the same, but baby used to eat it, so mebbe shes just had enuff, and since she aint eatin it, arch wont =\ they have 'some' but not a lot, theyre not too sure on passionfruit either lol but ive given them small dishes of fresh juice to drink, they seem to love that lol i put some of the pulp on the side too, they make a huge mess of it, but what can ya do haha
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

Mine wont touch Banana, had some Melon loved it but I'm still unsure what to do with PASTA,