pellet dunkers?

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

pellet dunkers?

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

does your IRN dunk their pellets? Lou does... of course then again what the heck doesnt he dunk? :roll: :shock: :lol:
~the stubborn one~
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Yep, but only if she has nothing else to put in the food bowl. She has discovered that the wood blocks she has to play with will make a wonderful mess, and likes to drop in her big treats. Thinking I will try her again with adding a water bottle, though she was not amused last time. Her moonshine is a bit more than I would drink at the end of a long day!
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, I now have to change the water atleast 4 times a day since Gilbert started eating pellets! :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

No pellets, but Silk does plop everything else that isn't nailed down in there. She likes to bob for apple peices (I kid you not) in her water bowl. About four water changes a day sounds about right, everyone dives in for a bath after the first water change then every couple of hours I go out and 'check' to see what has found its way into the water bowl.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Ive moved Gilberts water away from his pellet tray, because he will flick it all into his water. He loves to dunk his corn cob in his water. Its like hes washing his dishes!
They do love their baths first thing in the morning! :wink: Changing the water is the first thing I do in the mornings so they can have a swim. :)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Bird crazy

Dunkers

Post by Bird crazy »

Yep, mine dunk the pellets and many other things to see what they can make.

I've been giving them Lefebers Avicakes and they love them and dunk them every time.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

My IRN does, and my Patagonian Conure did. I believe it has to do with the dryness of the pellets,
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

Jade and Topaz don't dunk, they just drop everything they can find in the water bowl that is supposed to be for bathing! Bathing!! What is that? Anyone any ideas on how to convince the fids that bathing on a hot day is an excellent idea? At the moment the only thing that I can think to do is to spray them with the hose.
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Bird soup is actually THE thing I hate about birds. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Peanut

dunking

Post by Peanut »

peanut only dunks his sunflower seeds into his water. he usually sticks his whole head in his food dish and throws his food EVERYWHERE. he laughs at me when i clean it up. he's a turd
Donna

Post by Donna »

Topaz wrote:Jade and Topaz don't dunk, they just drop everything they can find in the water bowl that is supposed to be for bathing! Bathing!! What is that? Anyone any ideas on how to convince the fids that bathing on a hot day is an excellent idea? At the moment the only thing that I can think to do is to spray them with the hose.

Try a sqirt or spray bottel The hose water will be much to cold for them.

Donna
Bird crazy

dunking

Post by Bird crazy »

Nila and Priya have a play gym outside on the screened lanai. They have a food and water dish side by side and I keep zupreem fruit blend pellets in it. They are red orange yellow and green.

Yesterday they picked out all the yellow pellets and had them in the water dish. I didn't see which one or if it was both. But I know even before I got Priya, Nila would go through and eliminate colors. It used to be green ones all ended up on the floor and he ate the yellow ones. But yesterday he dunked them. :roll: Go figure.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

My tiels seem to pick a color of the day and eat all the red or all the green; the bananas are always gone fast. I really can't see a rhyme or reason to the selection....they will eat all the colors if you keep adding until the right day hits. Magellan just seems to randomly pick which she eats or dunks -- if I only knew what was going on in those brains!
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

CatsChair is it so weird you say that... my tiel does that too but never thought to mention it here.

Im going to pay even closer attention to see if she does it every single day.
~ Mikaela Sky