wish "us" luck

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

wish "us" luck

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

I'm going to switch my green bugger to pellets. he's going to be very mad at me... i know this. I have decided that i'm just going to switch him, because before i just tried to convert him and it didn't work. AT ALL. so he'll either eat the pellets or starve. he's too smart to starve. my question is, what size pellets do you feed your IRN? do you have a link? Thx!
~the stubborn one~
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hey Gwennie

All my ringnecks took to the Lafebers medium size pellets. Even the rescued ringnecks I have that were on just a seed diet their whole life did not have a problem switching to these pellets. you can also try soaking them in some apple juice just to get him to taste them. Good luck!!

Donna :D
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

My two terrors love their Roudybush medium sized pellets.
My teils are eating pellets now too, Vetafarm. What I did for my teils might help with your boy. I soaked the pellets in warm water with a handful of seeds and made a 'meatloaf' bar out of the mushy pellets and seed mix. Then let it dry and put that bar in their dish. They chewed through that to get to the seeds. It took about a week and a half/ nearly two weeks of doing that before they would start eating the pellets I had in there, but now there is no going back for them. I have to say that they look alot better eating a pellet based diet then when they had just the seed (they turned their feathery noses up at wholesome fruit and veg).
I can reccomend Roudybush, my two lick the bowl clean, literally lol :lol:
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

so i kind of improvised. I gave him an orange for snack, and squeezed some of the juice over top of his pellets. He went over and nibbled....hopefully this will work. He and i will both have to be patient. lol
~the stubborn one~
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Very proud ! :D
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

The 'either you eat it or starve' method works...atleast it did for Prin and Baby...:D

Dani
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

i just got home, and guess who i am watching eat pellets? yup! you guessed it. He does not seem to like the ones that look like bananas tho lol!
~the stubborn one~
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I have to laugh--give the tiels pellets and they will eat them happily, but we start with the red and orange ones, then the bananas....not sure if we ever eat the green ones cuz I refill their bowl when I am laughing. What patience (and considering all the other food in their cage, this must be really fun)
MCS
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Yeah louie!!! You good baby you
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Bird crazy

Pellets, yum

Post by Bird crazy »

You done good but I bet Louis is upset that you caught him in the act.
He's probably liked them all along just thought he'd give you
a run for you money on this one. :lol:
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

**update**

So Lou seems to be adjusting well to the pellets. I'm happy, and he'll be healthier. :) Plus i found a place to buy them in bulk :D
~the stubborn one~