breakfast

Moderator: Mods

Peanut

breakfast

Post by Peanut »

Every morning I give my IRN cut up pieces of mango, starfruit, and apple. Is this ok to be doing? Can I try kiwi, grapes, bread??? Like what are some good things to try? I've tried giving him lettuce and tomatoes, but he doesn't touch them. I was just wondering whats good for your IRN and whats BAD!!!!! I don't want to give him something bad. :? Please let me know what to and what not to feed him. thankyou!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

The book Healthy Bird Cookbook is invaluable!

Everything you are feed is good good good. Try to add some veggies like carrots, beans, broccoli though. More vitamins.

Never feed avacado, chocolate, caffeine, too much sugar or too much white flour.

My fids just got Pizza Hut crust :wink:
Peanut

hey

Post by Peanut »

thanks for the info!
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

be a bit careful with the lettuce too, i started givin my girl some, but then i was told that more often than not, its just water, and has no nutritional value whatsoever, and ive since stopped.
other leafy greens like spinach are great for them too, try ur fid with whole peas or beans in the pods, corn on the cob (try puttin a few pieces of diff fruits and veggies onto a metal kebab skewer try to have a variety) and hang that in the cage, they have a blast ripping them apart

my girl adores grapes, apple, pears, wasnt too keen on mango, dried blueberries, a lot of the mueslies we eat, we take things out for her to try too, as we get as much as possible preservative free to be able to share with her.. let me tell u, ive never eaten as healthy as i am now since we got her. lol

also another thing she likes, is when i cook a roast, i always put a few extra veggies on for her, potato, pumpkin, sweet potato or carrot, let them cook, and kinda turn em inside out, she LOVES it when theyre overcooked and mushy.

hope this helps a bit
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

There is a sticky post around here somewhere that tells you want you can and more imporantly CAN'T feed them...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

The post is in THIS forum. First post.

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3063

Simply click that link and youre there !
~ Mikaela Sky

Peanut

Post by Peanut »

wow! Lots of good info there! Thankyou! :D
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Does Peanut like star fruit? Lol I have a tree in my garden, would be a bonus if the IRN fids liked it cause I can't stand it and Miroki my quaker won't touch it.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Peanut

starfruit

Post by Peanut »

Yeah, I had put mango, starfruit, and apples in its dish a few times, and the apples were the first to go of corse. LOL. anyways, I noticed that some of the starfruit had been as well. Here in Minnesota, I unfortunatley cant grow oranges or starfruits, because they would all freeze. But thats cool that you have a starfruit tree! Wished I had one. Lol.