birdie bread-kims way

Moderator: Mods

kimtoo

birdie bread-kims way

Post by kimtoo »

Sue- I used 2 boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix, added 3 eggs (and the shells), instead of milk, i used a homemade veggie broth (tom, water, green beans, fresh spinich, carrots) and olive oil. In food processor diced fresh green beans, fresh spinich, carrots, zucchinni, yellow squash, tomatoes, a handful of fresh peppers, and fresh corn kernals cut off the cob. The little things I used a large handful, the big things, I used one large veg. oh, also threw in a big handful of flax seed and another of steel cut oats.

Wipe the inside of a glass cake pan with olive oil, bake at 400 for about 30 mins. Looks like a dense cake....ovens may vary!!! check for doneness.

The other thing I make fairly often is a sweet potatoe thing....cooked sp, add chopped apple and steel cut oats with about 1/2 c of water, microwave a minute, mush apples and oats into sp, sometimes I add banana too (after I cook it). I freeze portion sizes of everything so I don't have to deal with cooking every day and they still get good stuff.

If something seems off, let me know...going off the top of my head here.

kim
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Now Im hawngry. :roll:

Jeeeeeeff, Im hungry Poppy ! :P

Those are his favorite words, he worries so about my eating.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Mik-w/o the peppers, or at least w/o as many of the, it would be good for you too! I threw in 3 habenaros and a few jalapenos...a bit hot :shock: ! I wouln't normally add so many, just was afraid they were on the edge of ripeness and wanted to use them. The birds love it so I guess they did not mind! :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Imma have him make it and freeze it. I'll eat it! I'll eat anything if it will keep me from blowing away. :cry:

I want to try those weight gain shakes but my man said it would turn me into a dude. :cry:

So, when it rains I just run my lil **** under a clothes line and wait for the storm to pass. :cry:

Forgot to add:

I dont eat cows or chickens, pigs, goats, whatever, I dont eat things with eyes and a heart beat. I dont mind when others do it, to each there own but *Im* not able to find it in me to put an animal in my mouth and start chewing.

I spent many nights sitting at the table staring at a pig, cow, turtle, chitlets (pig intestines) whatever granny had whipped up. I was to eat it or I didnt get up.

She was trying to break me of it. It didnt work, she would have to wake me for school at the dinner table. Tired and hungry but I didnt eat that damn pig. I sure aint eating no cow.

I cant differentiate animals from food. Partly, from growing up on the rez, I believe. We always had animals everywhere. To me a cow is as precious as a doggie and has an even colder, wetter nose! lol

My men around here eat meat like Hanible Lector. The mere thoughts of putting a piece of meat into my mouth and chewing it TO ME is like ya'll watching fear factor and they are eating cock roaches.

I could just as easily eat a rouch as I could a cow. Baby is a cannible, enjoying chicken the most.

I feed my kids meat and know it can be good for you but a human DOES NOT NEED MEAT. As a matter of fact, we werent even made to eat meat. Dont believe me? Look at your teeth. Although, we have evolved some with our eye teeth growing longer for tearing. *tries not to puke*. There are a million different ways to get protein than meat.

The chewing of a dead animal or a pot of beans and collards. Beans and collards. If from the ground it doesnt grow, down my tummy it doesnt go. That bout sums it up and what I tell folks when I RSVP as not to have to explain for an hour.

GEEEEE ROOOOSS !!!!!!!!!
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

:oops:

Mik--this freezes well...try it and let me know how you and the fids like it!
Melika

Post by Melika »

I like to add ceyanne pepper to those recipies too. Every time I make something for the birds, I try to do it a little differently, like one week spicy then fruity then veggie. Just to keep things interesting for them.

The mushed apple- I'd call it applesause sounds like a great addition they would love to their birdy bread.

Thanks for sharing!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

**EDIT** Double post, sorry
Last edited by xo Missi on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Mikaela wrote:Imma have him make it and freeze it. I'll eat it! I'll eat anything if it will keep me from blowing away. :cry:

I want to try those weight gain shakes but my man said it would turn me into a dude. :cry:

So, when it rains I just run my lil **** under a clothes line and wait for the storm to pass. :cry:

:lol: Mik, this literally made me laugh out loud! Not that I'm laughing at you, just how you put things :) I'll give you some of my weight if you'll bless me with a skinny spell. *dreams of when I used to weigh 120* I got weighed yesterday before my medical procedure and the nurse said, "where do you hide it all?!" :oops: Which I guess is kind of a compliment but maybe it's muscle weight, but I feel gross!
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Thanks for the recipe Kim. I'll have to try again, I have the double batch with soy milk and now since Nila vomited I'm afraid to give them to him again,
I froze them, except for the egg shells my hubby would eat them. I grated fresh zucchini and carrot and added frozen mixed veggies and oatmeal and the eggs and shells but added the soy milk to make it a little thinner to bake.

And Mik: sounds like you were a determined little thing as a child. Good for you. Should make you a more patient mom, remembering how determined you were.

And Missi: I have seen you and gross is not a word that comes to mind, more like HOT, or gorgeous, or wow!!!!
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat