Zupreem pallets.

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Zupreem pallets.

Post by Gemstone »

Hey all
i can't find zupreem in NZ anywhere, the best i can find close to it is Kaytee's exact diet, (coloured pallets)
it's quite expesive so i hope it's good, just looking for a bit of feed back before i run down the road and spend $40 on a bag of food.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

I think it will be one for your fellow countrymen because if I
remember correctly not all are avaiable in your area of the
world so you'll have to go with what's best that's available there

Glad to hear things are going so well for you and your family.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Hey Jasper, I don't know about NZ but over here in Australia its pretty darn hard to find Zupreem or any of the large brand name pellets (or really any pellets for that matter). I ended sourcing mine online. Hope that helps.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thats another problem, we have no credit card, and can't really afford to import like that
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Its mediocre at best so please make sure to substitute with a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. To me, the food is trash but that *my* opinion. Its full of filler... sunflower seeds, peanuts, you name it.

Can you find Harrisons? That is the only other brand I stand by.
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

nope, no harrisons.
will look closely into the exact diet, NZ law states the the ingredients must be on the bag in order of % of content (i.e if it contains mostly sunflower seads, then sunflower seeds has to be first on the list)
what ingredients should i be looking for (good ones, to be at the top)?

he's getting lots of fruit and veg.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Here you go:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... upreen&N=2

I dont even feed my yard birds Kaytee... Im sorry, thats grocery store bought trash, IMHO.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Eww yea, Kaytee...ICK :wink:

This is another WONDERFUL pellet brand maybe you'll have some luck with getting there:

http://www.goldenfeast.net/goldn'obles.htm

As Mik stated, make sure the main part of the diet is fresh fuits and veggies. Very important, that's why I repeated :D
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Hey Adam and Sharlene

The only fantastic pellet food available in NZ is Harrisons and the only place that stocks it in the whole country is a little vet clinic in Auck... luckily for you I live in Auckland so let me know if you want some and I will get it and send it down to you and Jasper.

It is really not cheap, $17 for a 454g bag but its worth it. I am getting some this week for Dats so I can send a few samples down to you if you'd like.. PM me with your addy if you want.

Just to set your minds at ease.... Guys tell them im trustworthy!! LOL
-Chamon-

Melika

Post by Melika »

I don't know, my only fault with Exact is their sugar level. It smells like candy. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it trash.

There is a very large and very reputable breeding facility here in FL that helps with the formulation of Kaytee's Exact bird pellets. They have a good reputation with their babies and even thier Black Palm toos have a reasonable lifespan and good health in comparison to most in captivity.

So as with any pellet, fresh foods in the majority.

Zupreem or Harrison's or Roudybush or Exact are all just personal preferences in the end. I know people who swear by them all. We have our opinions and you can have yours. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ok so I for one feed a mix of pellets...RB and Zupreem and also some seed. The pellets for us here are more of a 'snack' in between the breakfast and the dinner...a 'supplement' if you will...

BUT this is NO substitute for you giving a fresh diet. Nothing is healthier than you feeding your fid a fresh diet. Remember than in the wild there are no 'pellet' trees...I want to replicate as much of their nautral diet as I can so my fids are at their best. They rely on me to give them the best...

Dani