What does your irn like ?

Moderator: Mods

Twinkelstar

What does your irn like ?

Post by Twinkelstar »

Oliver he eats banana, cucumber, sallad, pasta, grapes, corn, carrots, beans, potatos, green pepper,strawberrys, pear, dried fruits,rice and so one...
he eats the most that i give him :D
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Louis loves grape tomatoes, corn, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, cereal, peppers, pasta, eggs and a ton of other things :)
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hmmm...she will try anything I give her but she ultimatly enjoys the fruits more. She will shred the crap out of veggies and not really eat them but goes hog WILD over fruit.

Bodi on the other hand will eat ANYTHING that doesn't eat him first *rolls eyes*

Dani Prinny Bodi
elaine

Post by elaine »

Smokey will eat anything. He adores fried rice, potatoes, all fruits thats put in front of him and will give any veggie a go. Of course he wants anything that I eat and loves bread dipped in soup as well as garlic bread. He often sits on the kitchen floor watching the oven for something to come out!!!! He also loves icy poles.
julie

Post by julie »

apart from the fruits and veg indie loves toast with vegemite or strawberry jam.he loves biscuits,actually it would probably be easier to ask what they dont like.there is so many things these birds love.i have noticed mashed potatoe is a big hit and mikaelas baby love kfc mashed taters.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby isnt much of a people food eater.

She likes stuff like I eat though (vegetarian). Rice, potatoes, ANY fruit except peaches and pears. She uses those to throw around.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep mine love heaps of stuff, a real people food bunch, favorite of all would be grapes and melon, capsicum, corn and chilli peppers and for treats they do anything for dried out melon seeds.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Remmi loves NUTRIBERRYS and he'll try anything. Loves to rip the snot out of food and throw it everywhere. He loves grapes, pears, granny smith apples, green beans, snap peas, brussel sprouts, broccoli, corn on the cob, peas etc.

Byndi likes apples and grapes and corn on the cob. That's all she'll try.

My baby Milo is afraid of everything!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby is ALWAYS scared of new food.

I have to eat it and make a huge deal over oooh how good it is, noway boy, this is mine! Until that ringneck 'everything is MINE attitude does him in and he has to take it, just so I dont have it.

I use their natural annoying characteristics as the ultimate training tool. Sort of like men and woman. Players that suck think they are playing, then they turn around one day and see they have BEEN played.

Thats how I handle my monster, he is his own worst enemy and I take full advantage of it.
~ Mikaela Sky

Sherik

Post by Sherik »

Merlin is still little so far he's tried and likes grapes and raisins and out of his fruit treat he picks the dried apricots out of there too.

The grapes I have to cut in half because he will lose his balance and drop it if he tries to hold it in his foot :lol:
Sheri
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

MMmmm give that bugger a red pepper. He'll love ya forever!
~ Mikaela Sky

julie

Post by julie »

indie really likes mangoes,passion fruits,strawberries and he screams the place down for apples and oranges.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh man Prinny LOVES peppers...she gets the everywhere. Wait till you get a hot pepper kiss :wink:

Dani Prinny Bodi
Nonnie

Post by Nonnie »

Hey guys about the peppers?? Are tyhe fresh or dried do you give them with other things or just alone? Cut or whole?? Sorry so many questions. Sounds like they really enjoy them.
So far Tahj really loves fruit. apples, bannanas,blueberry, pineapple. He also like oatmeal, pasta, egg. And a tiny bite of mashed potatos. Gonna try and give him sweet yamms. I bought one in the store today to bake. :D
CricketsMum

Post by CricketsMum »

Cricket just LOOOOVES it when I cook him up his brown rice with mixed veg. He really gets into the 4 bean mix that I put in there too. And you should see him around dinner time when I'm in the kitchen cooking. He goes OFF trying to reach me from in the dining room, screaming and carrying on like he hasn't been fed in months (the ratbag).
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Maybe thats why Baby and are are so close... We eat the same things.

I was a ringneck in a past life? Naw, cant be this beautiful in two lifes.

Ha! I so funny. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

goro

pepper

Post by goro »

fresher the better Irn in general doesn't drink alot of water and fresh pepper give them hydrated or atleast helps.
goro
janew

kiki loves

Post by janew »

pomegranate but it makes her so active,she normally likes to go to her sleep perch 7pm last night she was climbing around until ten and the seed juice was everywhere.Her other love is banana chips and cheese although she tries most things,she tends to throw the veg about a bit,a little sweet red apple and she eats every bit.Pasta,rice a little cereal and green and red peppers.All the coloured food she likes is wonderful on her white feathers at the moment she has yellow cheeks like a cockatiel and a pink neck,she showers every day but boy what a messy girl she is. :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yup I recently tried pomms with Prinny and she adored them. I've never seen her scarf down fruit like that before! Only problem is they are so expensive! Not an everyday treat for sure

Dani
venus

Post by venus »

wow where to start. venus loves all this stuff. oranges, mangoes, peanuts [steamed, regular, or raw], pomagrates,apples, pearts, grapes, honey cherioes, wheat puffs, [waffles, eggs, yougurt] ocassionally- yeah i could go on.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Feathered pigs huh? lol you haven't seen anything until you've seen an ekkie dive into their food. WOW do they ever love their food...don't stand in the way between Bodi and his plate

Dani
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

my dude is very timid when taking food but his favorites are cinnamon toast cruch, pistashios and peanuts but he is a big baby and shell these things on his own!
feelar

Post by feelar »

Ive only had Bingo 2 days but so far we have found that he loves tomato (if its been kept in the fridge and is nice and cold) and spinach leaves. He also ate cucumber though he definatly prefers tomato.
Thankyou for all your ideas on what i can try him with next.
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

jen sounds like your Milo and my Mack have something in common. Mack is scared of everything except his seed, millet spray, and peppers. Iv tried putting things in his food dish but then he will not go near it. I even tried mixing other foods in with his peppers he just eats around it. He even freaked out one evening when he was on the floor and saw his own shadow on the wall.

George eats anything he loves these little berry treats I give him, any green apple and he’s happy doesn’t care for red ones, he likes Mac and Cheese, and goes nuts for dehydrated pees he like beak appetite’s Cream of Tweet, And lots of other stuff.
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

PeeGee wants anything we eat.

Pizza crust. Ice cream (she licks it). Bread crust with seeds on it. She will sip from my coffee cup and steals ice cubes from my ice tea glass.

But her real actual diet is fruits and vegetables, BirdyLicious IRN mix, and small amounts of almonds, millett and seeds.

Post by Guest »

Anyone's ringnecks like mealworms? I had a budgie that used to enjoy mealworms, but Sunni hasn't really been interested. She eats any mites she comes across though (she used to have mites when we first got her, hasn't had them now for about 4-5 months).
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

Whoops that was me above; forgot to log in!
Melika

Post by Melika »

Hane loves his mashed sweet potato. ^^

also:
cucumbers, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini (a type of squash), broccoli, culiflower, sweet peas, peas, spinach, chard, romaine lettuce, dandelion, corn (NOT a veggie, it's a grain), cherries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bannanas, apples, pears, amaranth grains, brown rice, carambola (starfruit)

There's more but I have to get going. Au revoir!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Watto

Re: kiki loves

Post by Watto »

janew wrote:Her other love is banana chips...

G'day all,

New member here - very useful and friendly forum, cheers! I decided to give our IRN, Pesto, a banana chip today on a whim, but then worried that it might not be good for him (incidentally, we're not sure Pesto's a him yet). In case you aren't sure what a banana chip is, here are some pics:

http://images.google.com.au/images?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-USAU292AU303&sourceid=chrome&q=banana%20chips&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

I can't see them being a major issue, but I thought I'd check - he certainly loves it!

:)
Janet

Foods

Post by Janet »

My birds will eat lots of things, especially the things that I am eating. They will run up my arm to get what I have in my hand before it reaches my mouth.

My birds' favourites include pomegranates (first choice), dried figs, grapes, dried cranberries, dried pawpaw (close second to pomegranates), snow peas, toast, corn on the cob, puffed corn (makes a nice crunchy sound when they bite into it) and cherries.

I like it when they eat pomegranates because they get little pomegranate freckles on their face!
Deano

Post by Deano »

Mine likes steak peas apple , demolishes millet sprays and those bird seed hangers in a matter of minutes, not a huge fan of bananas though, and theres still so much more to try him / her on
bec

Post by bec »

my guys will pretty much try anything especially if larissa is eating it
they all love hot chippies & pizza crust (no topping just the crust)
but the thing they go nuts for is popcorn!!!!!!
if i try to have a bowl when skeet is out she will sit in it to stop me eating on her