Maya is not gaining weight.....

Moderator: Mods

Newbirdmom

Maya is not gaining weight.....

Post by Newbirdmom »

When I first got her 2 weeks ago she was at 100g now she is at 104g. I think she needs to be hand fed some more. Could that be why she crys like that all the time? I feel so bad for her. She does have a pellet dite I thought shre was eatting it but there is alot of crumbs on the bottom. I fed her some baby rice cereal tonight and she was good with it. She is quite and sleeping now. What is the best baby food to get? How much should she eat? How many times a day? How long should I do it? Sorry for all the questions just want to do this right she is my baby after all..
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

pictures would help, um a little background info would help too. like how old is she. i never worry about weight ..well apart from mine hah. i never weigh my birds. you should be encouraging her to eat on her own there are good ways to do this like eating with her or giving her a wider variety of foods, but if your REALLY worried shes not getting enough one feed before bed should do her.

You should be able to get some paswell or some other baby parrot formula. mix it to the consistancy of pancake mix with warm water. THIS IS NOT FOR BABIES though only birds old enough to wean. Babies need to be feed at the proper consistancy for their age and at the proper temperature.
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

I do feed her at night right now. She is doing much better now and gaining more weight. She getting loud now I think she found her voice. :)

She was only 8 weeks when she was weaned and my friend got her for me. I got her at 9 weeks. She is now like 11 weeks old. I think the stress of moveing from 3 homes in less then 2 weeks was stressful for her and she just regressed back a little. She is doing wonderfull now thank you. :)