recycling Parrot chew toys

Moderator: Mods

zentoucan

recycling Parrot chew toys

Post by zentoucan »

Today I went through our container of used Parrot chew toys and pulled them apart and threw away the components that were too damage to use and kept the components that were reusable. I also had an old Parrot swing. There was two large hard plastic balls with a bell inside, five sets of six links of plastic chain, around two dozen wooden beads of various shapes, seven lengths of leather lacing and finally some hard plastic squares with a hole in the middle.
Delfin flew over to the coffee table and watch me sorting out the components. I dropped a plastic square onto the floor and Delfin dive onto it and started to chew it. Bluey was in his cage stuffing his face with food. Bluey's Breakfast seems to go from 6 o'clock to 11 o'clock or until he eats all of his food. Then goes to Delfin food bowl and starts on that, until I put a stop to it. I don't want a overweight IRN.
Anyway back to the recycling of parrot chew toys. I looked at the parrot swing which comprised of two steel support rods and a wooden perch. I undid the nut at the end of the rod removed the wooden perch and then fed the steel rod through a wooden bead then the large plastic ball, wooden beads, plastic chain and so on until I filled the rod and then put the nut back on and tighten. Then I repeated this with the other rod. I tied a series of knots in the lace then tied the lace to the Plastic Balls.
Meanwhile Delfin notice the first new chew toy on the coffee table and flew down and start chewing on it. While Delfin was chewing on the first toy I put the second one in his cage. Then I went and got Delfin to step up and I put him into his cage so he could play with his new chew toy. The first chew toy went to Bluey. Neither Delfin or Bluey were scare of this toys because I believe that they recognize parts of the old chew toys especially the large Plastic Balls. These are around 50mm in diameter. Both chew toys are a hit with Delfin and Bluey