New cage?yes?no?

Post by lola13 »

Ok for a new cage?

http://www.cagesworld.co.uk/p/Liberta_V ... t_Cage.htm

I need to get her a new one!
ellieelectrons

Re: New cage?yes?no?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Firstly, good on you for getting Lola a new cage. Secondly, I think the cage is fine but thought I'd raise some points for you to think about.

I almost bought a cage of that design for my two. My dad persuaded me against it because he felt they would confine themselves mostly to the highest bit so the rest of the cage would be wasted. Not sure i agree with him though. I'd be interested to hear what others with that cage design think. I like the birdy gm at the side though. All of our playstands are separate to our cage

Generally, the rule of thumb is get the biggest cage you can afford/have room for. The one thing good about havin a wider open space is you can fit things like parts of trees for them to sit on.

Our cage is here:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=11956

One day I'd like to make an outdoor aviary for when we are out during the day and possibly get a cage double this size.

Best wishes.

Ellie.
lola13

Re: New cage?yes?no?

Post by lola13 »

Hey, I can see your dads point! With the design of my front room door it's on the narrow side I need a cage that's wide enough to fit through so I can have Lola out on my room away from my macaw. I've looked for ones that are extra wide and tall enough to fit under my small ceiling. I live in a bungalow and they had a boiler in the loft years ago an they took it out and who ever did made the ceiling shorter then the other side. So it's about 6ft high atleast maybe a little shorter.

The cage Lola is in at the moment is one that's got the playgym on the top like the cage I've shown and she feels safe that its there. We took the try out to clean it and because it was gone she went mental:(

I've seen the same cage on here in someone's front room and its quite big, bigger than what I had in mind. But I'll have a think and raise that point with my bf see what he thinks.
Thanks!