Does my Bird require a cage?

Moderator: Mods

BryanJohnny

Does my Bird require a cage?

Post by BryanJohnny »

I have a pair and they were hand raised. They are still slightly scared of hands, but they're not scared of perching on your finger. They have never been in a cage. They are in a big metal playstand with a lot of perches, food and water bowls, and many toys. They don't have a problem with flying around or anything. They don't make a mess and there is a seedguard. They don't poop outside the playstand, but sometimes poop in the water. Whenever I bring them outside the house, and come back, they want to go to the playstand. They sleep and do everything there. I was just wondering if I should continue using the playstand, or buy a cage. I feel guilty putting them in a cage. I feel like I'm trapping them.
MissK

Re: Does my Bird require a cage?

Post by MissK »

I wish you all the best!

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
taywer321

Re: Does my Bird require a cage?

Post by taywer321 »

If you are going to keep them without a cage, then make sure the room they are in is very bird proofed!! I'm assuming they are clipped since you take them outside, do they have a way to get back up to the playstand if they accidentally fall to the floor? Make sure anything you don't want chewed up or destroyed is out of the room.. I kept my birds in a room to themselves out of the cage and noticed they were chewing the framing around the windows and doors!! (little buggers). Also do you have any other animals they could need protection from?