Hand Feeding Formula ... ?

Moderator: Mods

jhebert9

Hand Feeding Formula ... ?

Post by jhebert9 »

What type of hand feeding formula does everyone use?
Darwin, Turquoise Chick
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Hand Feeding Formula ... ?

Post by ringneck »

I use KayTee exact as I find it makes my babies nice and fat and healthy. :lol: :lol: Besides, I've never lost any baby birds with this formula and I even feed it to my adult birds once in a while. They love it :O)

Best wishes,

IMRAN-C
tallalbinsaif

Post by tallalbinsaif »

hi imran..
can u plz tell me the formula as Kaytee i not available in pakistan... and simple formula?
mine is 4 week old
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

If you cannot find formula take fruit, vegetables, or oatmeal and run it through a blender until its creamy. Be sure to make a fresh batch every time as if fruits/veggies are bad this could cause sour crop. Hope this help! :)

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
dholari

Post by dholari »

Hi,
if your bird is 4 weeks try soaked chana daal - soak it for around 3-4 hrs and feed by hand they just gulp it off like a machine - you can break each part into two for easy consumption for them - continue like this for another two to three weeks , later on you can try rice , pieces of vegetables (less of tomato as it causes acidity) and most of the things that we humans eat ..avoid curd and milk as they are supposed to lactose intolerant.
i make a cut lots of veggies into small pieces and addit up to mashed sweet potato (cooked) and freeze it up in the freezer , whenever required i thaw it in microwave and feedit after cooling
they are basically fussy with food , but if you change things and feed little amounts they do eat well
sunflower seeds (make sure they are not treated with chemicals ) also make good time pass for them
these things can be tried after they are more than 2 months old , for the moment chana daal is fine