Mommy and baby fighting

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

Mommy and baby fighting

Post by Aldeleen »

Hi everyone, I'm curious to know..
My female of almost 6 years raised a foster baby this year succesfully.. the baby is not 4 months old and independant. I decided to keep the babe for company for the female-- desperately hoping its a male...

But now, I've noticed some aggression between the 2 birdies and its seems that the baby is the dominant one-- my bird are all tame and baby is just as tame-- My female raised the baby but i had interaction with the chick from a very very young age..

When will it be nessesary to split the 2 birds--- ? or should i leave them to rank it out? i dont want my older female to be threatened or get injured...

Has anyone kept a youngster and a baby together after the weaning process or is it normal for them to be a little bit aggresive?
Ive never had 2 birdies... together in the same cage and not sure what the behaviour means?

Any tips?
Thank you
Melika

Re: Mommy and baby fighting

Post by Melika »

All the ringnecks so far that I've been familiar with were aggressive to one another in the same cage. I don't know about your situation specifically. But the most important thing is that they both have enough room to get away from one another happily and cannot hog the dish. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

Melika wrote:All the ringnecks so far that I've been familiar with were aggressive to one another in the same cage. I don't know about your situation specifically. But the most important thing is that they both have enough room to get away from one another happily and cannot hog the dish. :)
Absolutely agree they just need their space!
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

You need to buy them cage with divider,I think that will give result and after time they will like each other :D I hope really !!!